Are there any tuba spots left in WC?

There's no such thing as being "cut" in the winter. Just keep going to rehearsal. Serious.

Yep. I seem to remember a vet at a previous corps who was cut not once, not twice, but three times and still got a spot by going to rehearsals. They're more than willing to take your money if it's green.

IF your 16 and were cut by Spirit then maybe a all age corps is a good choice to get some experience and more knowledge.

That went on in my old corps from mid-70s until at least the late 90s.

"Where's Cam?, thought he was doing corps again this year."

"He is, he's in Crossmen."

"Why didn't he tell us he was trying for DCI this year"

"He thought we'd give him Hell for trying out"

"I'll give him Hell for not telling us.... Good for him for making it"

LOL, even know of a member of my one Alumni-type corps who was with Cadets a few years back. Funny as Hades seeing him at practice the following year with a Cadets jacket.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Yep. I seem to remember a vet at a previous corps who was cut not once, not twice, but three times and still got a spot by going to rehearsals. They're more than willing to take your money if it's green.

No.

Go March.

You will wind up bring a alternate and carrying the dr. Beat. 16 yrs old. ?? cut by Spirit.. You need experience.

Go find a corps ALL age corps or Open class and March . get experience.

No.

Go March.

You will wind up bring a alternate and carrying the dr. Beat. 16 yrs old. ?? cut by Spirit.. You need experience.

Go find a corps ALL age corps or Open class and March . get experience.

agree something funny with this thread..????/

agree something funny with this thread..????/

Well, in her case it did work out since that corps didn't end up carrying alternates and she was on the field, but yeah, that is a real possibility. I used to think that being an alternate was an unacceptable situation and a waste of money, but my experience has made me think that being an alternate at a well-run group is better than being in an organization that doesn't necessarily have the resources to take care of you. (caveat - not calling anybody or any group out, just suggesting it's better to be well-taken care of than to insist on seeing the field).

There's no such thing as being "cut" in the winter. Just keep going to rehearsal. Serious.

Not true. If you're cut you're cut, and not going to make the line this year. So why would you continue to pay to attend audition camps for that corps when you are not a callback?

Last I saw, Madison also had openings in all sections, including the 20-man tuba section.

While there are a few openings in most sections, the Scouts are only going with 16 tubas this season, not 20. (Most of which have been contracted with numerous callbacks)

Not true. If you're cut you're cut, and not going to make the line this year.

That's not necessarily true. Obviously you face an uphill battle. But when someone drops out because they changed their mind or can't pay the fees or whatever, many corps will be looking to fill those spots in April/May. Someone who has been there all winter offers them the chance to fill it with someone that has gone through the same winter regime the everyone else has.

It's obviously not anywhere close to a guarantee. But it happens.

That's not necessarily true. Obviously you face an uphill battle. But when someone drops out because they changed their mind or can't pay the fees or whatever, many corps will be looking to fill those spots in April/May. Someone who has been there all winter offers them the chance to fill it with someone that has gone through the same winter regime the everyone else has.

It's obviously not anywhere close to a guarantee. But it happens.

Let's see perform or be the water boy? I would take perform. Some people like to be the water boy but there is NO substitute for performing IMHO.

Not true. If you're cut you're cut, and not going to make the line this year. So why would you continue to pay to attend audition camps for that corps when you are not a callback?

I've never seen a person who was "cut" not end up on the field if they just kept showing up. My experience is that between December and May, at least one member of every section disappears, without fail. Guys can't pay, guys fail classes, guys can't leave their girlfriends... it all happens.