WOW blast from the past find last night...

So last night I was going through some of my Dad's stuff to donate and came across his old record player..... guess what was the last record he had playing however long ago it was that he last used his record player.

DCI World Championship from Philadelphia, PA... the 4 corps on the record that he was playing were Madison Scouts, Crusaders, Kilts, and Troopers....

Just figured I would share this find and also if this needs to be moved please move it.

• Like 1

So last night I was going through some of my Dad's stuff to donate and came across his old record player..... guess what was the last record he had playing however long ago it was that he last used his record player.

DCI World Championship from Philadelphia, PA... the 4 corps on the record that he was playing were Madison Scouts, Crusaders, Kilts, and Troopers....

Just figured I would share this find and also if this needs to be moved please move it.

Not sure I could give it away....

OK, have to ask 1975 or 1976? Saw some of these corps live the night after DCI at Hershey, PA at an exhibiton show we hosted.

It must be 75, Troopers didn't make finals in 76. Also, I'm guessing it was the Etobicoke Crusaders, not Boston. Boston was not making finals in the 70's.

True dat' but wasn't sure how many corps were on the DCI albums back then.

Also let's not forget the Finleyville, PA Royal Crusaders from 75.

Hey! I'm on that record! Cool!

It was 1975 and no way I am giving that record away.... the record player was going but now it is staying as a way to listen to Dad's collection of records sometime. Lots of DCI records and even found an original Michael Jackson Thriller record and cassette tape in original packing and unopened.

But the DCI stuff was the best find:)

• Like 3

I wouldn't give that record up for all the tea in China.

• Like 1

True dat' but wasn't sure how many corps were on the DCI albums back then.

Also let's not forget the Finleyville, PA Royal Crusaders from 75.

back then the top 12 were spread over 3 albums...usually like 1st,4th,7th, 10th, then 2,5,8,11and 3,6,9,12.

then 13-20 were on 2 different albums.