Did MBI get their check?

The beginning of Madonnas half time show looked eerie simular to 2011 MBI field entrance. Just wondering if MBI gets a royalty check from it?

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Whos Drum LIne was that?

From what I understand, it was various drummers from the area playing along to a track recorded by The Cadets' drum line.

Edited by skajerk

The beginning of Madonnas half time show looked eerie simular to 2011 MBI field entrance. Just wondering if MBI gets a royalty check from it?

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Whos Drum LIne was that?

my wife and I said the same thing

Madonna's handlers appeared to be dressed like Roman gladiators and Reading entered the field in a similar fashion in 2010. Split the check!

Either way, if Madonna's team was looking at DCA corps for inspiration (and you KNOW they did!), they picked two great entrances.

I confess that I immediately thought of the late great Madeline Kahn in Mel Brooks' History of the World when I saw it.

at our house we went straight to the 'grand entrance to Rome' scene from Liz Taylor's Cleopatra...but we're movie geeks.

And Ed, I DARE you to google the scene and try to get past the 1:25 mark...I double dog dare!

at our house we went straight to the 'grand entrance to Rome' scene from Liz Taylor's Cleopatra...but we're movie geeks.

And Ed, I DARE you to google the scene and try to get past the 1:25 mark...I double dog dare!

link?

According to various reports, the drumline was made up of percussionists from the Indianapolis area, not just one particular school/university. Besides, I don't think Indiana University has a drumline quite that large!

You're absolutely correct. But according to the official Indiana University Drumline's facebook page, the entire drumline was involved.

IU's marching band played pre-game. The drum line at halftime was Ben Davis, Avon, Center Grove and 2 other high schools. Only a few kids were mic'ed. Everyone else played w/pads on their drums. Track was recorded by Cadets a few weeks ago.

• Like 1