Rip Bernert

The members of the Hall of Fame have just been informed of the passing of one of our great ones - Rip Bernert...

Rip was always there with a smile and a kind word...

He was drill instructor for Bon Bons in their golden years while his dad was founder and corps director... He moved on to Archie throughout the 50's and 60's acting as drill arranger and/or brass arranger...

More recently, he is responsible for the popular Audubon Bon Bon's Chorus...

The members of the Hall of Fame have just been informed of the passing of one of our great ones - Rip Bernert...

He was drill instructor for Bon Bons in their golden years while his dad was founder and corps director... He moved on to Archie throughout the 50's and 60's acting as drill arranger and/or brass arranger...

I cannot begin to tell you how broken hearted I am. Bill was truly an inspiration and guiding light for all the girls who passed through the ranks of the Bon Bons. He will be missed by us more than anyone can imagine.

Rip was one in a million, an inspiration even to his competitors, and the very definition of "class".

Rip was one in a million, an inspiration even to his competitors, and the very definition of "class".

Rip Bernert:

Rest in Peace. You have been an ispiration to generations.

Elphaba

Very sad news. The end of an era.

Rest in peace, Rip... a wonderful man.

I too am really down right now....Bill Bernert was one of my oldest drum corps friends and a true DC icon

I first marched with Bill in Archie in 1958 when I was fresh out of junior corps

I will always remember him as the glue that enabled the transition from the early 50's championship Archie to the

late 50's, early 60's rebirth. Bill will be sorely missed in the drum corps world

RIP my friend

Oh wow.....so, SO sorry to hear this.

Rip was one of the nicest people I have ever met. Always loved taking with him. Just a genuine nice person!!

My sincerest condolences to Rip's immediate family, the Bon Bon Family, and the Archie Family!! He will truly be missed!

:flower:

A big hole in my heart got bigger after this news. I had the pleasure of knowing Rip since 1962. The accolades already published speak to what this man meant to so many.

We'll all miss you my friend and mentor and, at times, conscience.

'til we meet again

Bud Johnson brough Rip to help out at Archbishop Ryan HS when I was there. He was a nice guy and always said hi to me when I'd see him at DCA shows. This is sad news indeed.