Fan Network -- Who Do You Like?

Fan of the Arts

it is very much similar to the Alliance of miami shows we have all seen.

Im still on the fence about Logan. I prefer both Flanagan and carmel over them.

Cant wait to see what is gonna happen with top 5. I hope it changes each round to keep us all on our toes!

ughhhh youre right :blink:

just watched Santa Clara Vanguard again and this program just gets more powerful and poignant with each viewing!an incredible theatrical experience that escalates into an emotional tour de force ending!this ensemble's show has everything i want and more and demonstrates the positive strengths of our activities art applique.the quality of performance and achievement are superb and creative.the equipment work is detailed and nuanced at every turn.

i applaud and salute everyone connected with this wonderful production!

• Like 1

Braddock's flags ??? Someone PLEASE explain them too me. It is so distracting!!!!! With all those diff colors and patterns.

PS

Fantasia finally gave in and changed their ending!

• Like 1

I agree about Braddock also. I went to atlanta and was appalled at the judging that occurred there. I would hate to see Braddock drop from top 5. The show live is unbelievable and the kids are always going...if they can be as clean as possible for orlando than I hope they can make a comeback and show what they have. I truly did not understand the 3-4 point jumps of the other ind world groups and the .4 or .5 jump with braddock in finals.

IMO Braddock has gotten tons better since ATL to Orlando... and I think they got screwed again by the judges. From prelims to finals they only went up .5 while every other colorguard in the arena went up at least a point and a half. I don't think the judges are seeing the same thing as the rest of us...

Braddocks flags though. Confusing. Looking different and then kind of coming together to represent something in the end? I like the idea, but I can't really make out what it is.

Edited by Midgar87

the drive to orlando was well worth it. Great facility. Flanagan, Braddock and Orlando Visual easily moved into this size place and were overwhelming. Flanagan probably the best 2 performances of the weekend. Orlando Visual looked like a different show completely, most improved and even clean at time. Gonna be more up there than people think. I thought about the Alliance thing, but no offense to that great guard, they could never quite spin as well or as tight as Orlando Visual looks, who is not loose or untrained in any way. They could loosen up a bit, and the end of the show just crashes. Braddock was on fire all the way, but I agree about the flags. I kept waitng for it to make something, but it's confusing to watch. Rifle book again will be one of the best ever seen, and they dance amazing. Paramount is so innovating and taking a chance on this new TV thing but it's hard to see in a big place. Other classes, Freedom was really the best by far, and I don't normally like that type of show, Nease great. Cooper great don't quite get Lyman yet, but teeter totter is cool. USF is so emotional and for all the people on here who don't like tricks, these guys do it so classy, I'm so glad these guys take a chance on that stuff. crowd loves it.

• Like 2

I would agree about the alliance comment but still think Orlando is kinda the same..show design for sure...Maybe kids more talented than the show ( maybe thats it) I would have liked to see Paramount higher, I think its not getting the credit it deserves...( yet )Like Freedom..like USF...Flannagan ( man do they toss alot BUT it doent bother me as much as it used to in the past.....Gold or silver for them for sure.

Edited by GUARDLING

I would agree about the alliance comment but still think Orlando is kinda the same..show design for sure...Maybe kids more talented than the show ( maybe thats it) I would have liked to see Paramount higher, I think its not getting the credit it deserves...( yet )Like Freedom..like USF...Flannagan ( man do they toss alot BUT it doent bother me as much as it used to in the past.....Gold or silver for them for sure.

I absolutely love Paramount. I definitely think they are not getting scored high enough and definitely deserve a spot in finals.

At the SD Regional

I really enjoyed rancho buena vista HS, they manipulated the flag silks very well and over all just a fun show.

Imbue serves up some amazing color guard. very solid performance.

Lastly Chino was a big stand out. Amazing show and performers. They had a ruff run but they still have lots of room to grow!

Braddock's flags make a Purple Heart Medal design when you see it from the right angle, you can tell quite well. I think it will look awesome in Dayton. But it does look a bit... cluttered? I'm not sure if that's the right word, but it's different. Very cool idea. I'm sure they're going to be tweaking as this was the first show the flags were used at, so the feature will need some adjusting to get the best out of the silks.

watched black watch at the latest regional and definitely liked what they were doing with the sheer fabric, involving it in tosses, etc.. I do not like the change. Feels like they just recycled last years work but in white this time..

They definitely should go back to what they were doing at the last regional!

• Like 1