1998 Madison Scouts is DCI.org Download of the Week

... jazz flute... <shudder>

Mike

Exactly. The whole time I was thinking, why would you waste this on a flute when there's a perfectly good trombone sitting right there?

In all honesty, the British Big Band has a *much* better arrangement than the studio version I heard a few years ago. That version was nine minutes of elevator music. The British Big Band version had some really sweet horn parts and a much cooler groove.

... jazz flute... <shudder>

Mike

Oliver Nelson played jazz flute (and quite well I might add).

Sadly, I don't think it's available as a download anywhere. Goodness knows I spent about a year searching. Finally bit the bullet and ordered the CD. A bit pricy, sure, but supports a group of drum corps vets. Very professional quality CD - I'd recommend it if you have the time, inclination and money to spare.

Mike

How many people saw several marching bands the next fall do that tuba dance from Peer Gynt?

How many people saw several marching bands the next fall do that tuba dance from Peer Gynt?

Oh, geez...I had forgotten about that...until now. I had to judge a few programs at contests where that little maneuver was done...poorly.

I don't mind bands ripping off corps; but first, rip off something you can do well.

Most years, one has to work pretty hard to not love a Madison Scouts show.

You think its easy throwing babies, Michael ? Thats pretty hard work too you know.

( haha )

You think its easy throwing babies, Michael? Thats pretty hard work too you know.

( haha )

It's a day's work for the fans, but perhaps a lifetime commitment for the babies.

I'm working on an initiative to get people to stop using that phrase and replace it with, "figuratively throwing something that isn't babies, even metaphorically" but I've still got some work to do on tightening it up.