DCA "Not the little North East Circuit Anymore"

Counting up ALL the different venues and events. DCA weekend will show the "Drum Corps Growth" taking place.

On the Compitition field alone. Corps from: The United Kingdom, California, Colorado, Minnesota, Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, Wisconsin, Ohio, Virginia, Illinois. (along with the Traditional Northeast States - PA - NJ - NY - CT - MA)

Now add the TWO shows that DCA sponsors. MINI Corps form outside N.E. add: Indiana, Texas, Tennessee, Alabama, and maybe more.

Then in the Alumni Spectacular add; Maryland & Canada.

So more than 20 States. From Coast to Coast - Border to Border, and 2 other Nations. They will all be there in Annapolis, MD. in 2012 for ALL to See and Hear.

Great JOB DCA!!!!

uh....been to finals any year since 2005?

it's hardly been a solely Northeast party for a while now.

Thanks Jim

I believe you are right about # of Corps in Finals. (I was with Golden Knights that year.)

DCA also had 12 corps in Finals in '72 and '73.

Then they went back to 10 starting in '75 - until the famous RI Matadors controversy in '86 when they allowed the 11th place corps into Finals due to their CG score.

(Aside:

I bet the Oakland Crusaders wished the same gift had been given them at '77 DCI (won Prelims in Drums, scored 13th overall!

IMO, DCI got it right in '77; DCA bowed to Political Pressure in '86.)

Anyway:

Then (not counting '87 when Finals was rained out) they went back to Top 10 until having 12 in '92.

In '93 they had 13 (that was everyone in Prelims - who says DCA isn't All-Inclusive!?)

Then they went back to Top 10 again - but in '97 they also added a Class A Finals to the mix.

Since then, it's been Top 10 Open and Top 2-4 Class A (depending on the year) on Finals night...

(I think I have this right)

• Like 3

Always wondered if the scores of the 11th and 12th place corps in 1974 had anything to do with going to a 10 corps Finals in 1975. Both corps (Emmaus Sentinals, Hanover Lancers) scored in the 40s. And since only 15 corps showed up for Prelims that meant 3 corps didn't make Finals. And a 12 corps Finals in 1975 would have made more sense with the quality of Guelph and BS. Oh yeah... 1975 had 19 corps at Finals....

Oh yeah... 1975 had 19 corps at Finals....

Prelims - right?

:-)

Prelims - right?

:-)

LOL... yeah... Prelims.... :doh:

The Monsoon that night must have shorted out my memory... or typing.. or thinking...