DCI - DCA to Merge!

Ha!

Well done.

That ain't Drum Corp...

OK, OK, been a long week and had me until 155 pt system....

I've long advocated the use of a 155-point scoring system. 100 points is just way too restrictive. The extra 55 points will cover essentially the intangibles, such as audience interaction, audience engagement, audience response, audience approval and audience willingness to not leave their seats during a specific corps performance in order to get hot dogs. Part of the additional points is also set aside for rating the drum majors, rating the behavior of the staffs on the sidelines and rating the effectiveness and response of each corps' sound engineer. Originally it was to be a 150-point system, but the 5-point caption for OIE, Overall Intangible Effect, pushed things over the edge and no one could get anyone else to take five points off their pet captions.

I expect the phrase, "giving 110%" will have to be updated to something like "giving 170.5%," which would incorporate the same 1.1 multiplier used to get 110 from 100. This will probably be rounded off to 170% or even "Fred."

• Like 1

Hahaha.

I went into work today to get some quiet time on a tax return and then sent the client a long e-mail detailing the large balance due, tried to explain alternative minimum tax, and went over some ways we could try to reduce the liability. It didn't hit me until 2 hours later that she may think it was an April Fool's joke from me. She is going to be so disappointed that it wasn't a joke.:huh: