Carolina Crown 2012

Okay, I hope someone can help me out with this. It seems as though in addition to the superman shield, Crown also forms the X for X men, and also the Batman symbol. Is this right? are there other significant symbols that I should look out for?

Also, does anyone else hear the triplet figure with the unison rifle work (about four minutes into the show) that sounds eerily similar to the old TV Batman scene change music? I wonder if this is intentional or just coincidental.

There's a superhero stick figure in there. Haven't seen the Batman symbol. When does that happen?

You've got to be kidding me...

A) I disagree that there's a lack of flag work

and

B) In todays world I don't think it (a lot of flag work vs weapons/movement) matters as much as it used to.

Compare it (for example) to PR's flag work throughout the show with four (?) different changes in flags. With the new judging sheets, "visual" matters quite a bit! When you are up high or in the box, guard members look small on their own and sometimes you cannot even tell what they are doing on the field (rolling around, dancing, etc.). Flags become an extension of them and help to add to the grandeur of the show. It does matter.

• Like 1

Compare it (for example) to PR's flag work throughout the show with four (?) different changes in flags. With the new judging sheets, "visual" matters quite a bit! When you are up high or in the box, guard members look small on their own and sometimes you cannot even tell what they are doing on the field (rolling around, dancing, etc.). Flags become an extension of them and help to add to the grandeur of the show. It does matter.

CC is wiping the floor with pretty much every guard out there right now. Get back to me when Regiments guard beats them.

They are rehearsing at Centerville today. Does anyone have their day schedule?

Mike

Oh, gotcha!

It's about 6 1/2 min in when the rifles are doing their unison work up front while the corps is playing the triplet runs that sound like the old Batman TV series "scene change" music. It may just be coincidental, but it sort of looks like (><) .

When is the "stick figure"?