DCI@40:Legends

and note to Mike...the link is no longer good has been blocked on YouTube. Fan Network subscribers can view on FN.

I updated the link before I saw your comment. I got a note from the video guy that they had to update something, which required a new link. The one edited in my first post is the correct link.

#6: Americanos '74

edit: confirmed 1974 from Legends DVD (it's also the only year I remember any video of us).

#7 Belleville BK from same disk (1974).

:satisfied:

Edited by WIS

#14 Paul Zimny - Freelancers '77

#8 I believe was Regimente Militaire in 1974, although they were Bleu Raeders before that. I remember Bleu Raeders uni's being more like track suits in 1972 and 73.

Wow, I was surprised to see NO pic of Bill Cook - saw Star, but no Bill. Hope they honor him in the future, because he certainly deserves it.

Well, by my avatar, you probably know what I think of Bill. (By the way, I was in Bloomington last week and had my first chance to visit his resting place, a regular mausoleum.) Bill will probably show up in a future video. It's no slight...there's just so many people and corps to get in one video. Plus, at Bill's memorial service/concert, I sat next to the father of the video's creator, so there's no slight intended, I'm sure.

I'm personally hoping to nominate him to the DCI Hall of Fame. There are so many things he did for DCI that most people have never heard about. Despite his wacky costumes picking up on the theme of Star of Indiana's shows, he was way too low-keyed to tell people about what he was doing behind the scenes. I'm convinced his contributions, including those of manpower, helped DCI through some tough times.

I still have trouble thinking of him being gone.

• Like 3

Well, by my avatar, you probably know what I think of Bill. (By the way, I was in Bloomington last week and had my first chance to visit his resting place, a regular mausoleum.) Bill will probably show up in a future video. It's no slight...there's just so many people and corps to get in one video. Plus, at Bill's memorial service/concert, I sat next to the father of the video's creator, so there's no slight intended, I'm sure.

I'm personally hoping to nominate him to the DCI Hall of Fame. There are so many things he did for DCI that most people have never heard about. Despite his wacky costumes picking up on the theme of Star of Indiana's shows, he was way too low-keyed to tell people about what he was doing behind the scenes. I'm convinced his contributions, including those of manpower, helped DCI through some tough times.

I still have trouble thinking of him being gone.

I hope you do get him into the DCI HoF, Mike, I was looking at the long list of recipients and was surprised that he WAS NOT!

Edited by rkfdPRphan

okay I got off the top of my head in a 1st viewing - Updated with input from others

The ones in Red are the ones We don't know or we are unsure of the answer.

1 - Bobby Hoffman

2- ??

3 - Jim Jones

4- Jim Ott & ??

5 - Fred Sanford and the SCV Drum Line

6 - Americanos?

7 - Black Knights

8- Bleu Raiders?

9- Seneca Optimists or Blue Rock?

10 - Anaheim Kingsman Rifle Line

11 - ?

12 - 27th Lancers 1975 or 1976

13 - Finleyville Royal Crusaders?

14 - Freelancers DM?

15 -Guardsmen

16 - Muchachos

17 - Seneca Optimists?

18- ?

19 - Truman Crawford USMC

21 - George Zingali?

22 - ? (Corps on Practice Field)

23 - Gail Royer

24 - Etobicoke Oakland Crusaders

25 - Sky Ryders 1982

26 - North Star

27 - Argonne Rebels

28 - Blue Devils DM?

29 - Bridgemen 1982

30 - Dutch Boy

31 - Star of Indiana 1991

32 - Freelancers 1992

33 - Sky Ryders 1991

34 - SCV or Crossmen?

35 - DCI Logo

36 - 40th Year Logo

I think #18 is Rick Maas, not Pepe.

I think #18 is Rick Maas, not Pepe.

I knew Rick fairly well, and while my memory is certainly prone to needing correction from time to time, I don't think this it is Rick Maass. (2 a's and s's)

75Maass.gif02_03_2004_maass.jpg

Edited by Michael Boo