Which corps has the most members from their home state?

The 3 years I was at Pacific Crest, 07 was the only year we had people from out of state. One mello girl from Vegas and a snare drummer from Japan.

Bloo tends to have ohio based kids but we only had one from Canton while I was there. Though they did up their California membership quite a bit. My ageout year we had about 10-12 kids from Cali. But it's really diverse there seeing as they have 4 different region auditions.

The 3 years I was at Pacific Crest, 07 was the only year we had people from out of state. One mello girl from Vegas and a snare drummer from Japan.

Bloo tends to have ohio based kids but we only had one from Canton while I was there. Though they did up their California membership quite a bit. My ageout year we had about 10-12 kids from Cali. But it's really diverse there seeing as they have 4 different region auditions.

Bluecoats guard has at least one guy from NJ.

I found it very surprising as well. There must be at least 10 high schools in Rockford I would guess, and I don't know much about their band programs. Maybe their band programs aren't very good there? Or maybe the band directors don't allow kids to try out for corps, I have heard of that happening in the past with some directors. Personally I would think there would be tons of students from that size town that would strive to march Phantom.

I have also been wondering, since Crossmen moved to Texas, how many members do they have from the state of Texas now? And how many members does Revolution have from Texas?

I would almost guess that corps like Jersey Surf, Mandarins, and Pioneer would have lots of members from their home states, anyone know how many in the last season or two? And if I overheard correctly a few years ago, over half of the members of Academy were from the state of Arizona? I think that was in 2006 when they were champions in DII. Anyone know if that was accurate, or if they still have a large number from Arizona since they went World Class?

There are 4 high schools in Rockford according to the Rockford ISD web site. I marched with Sky Ryders and we had only a couple of members that were even from the state of Kansas. Coincidentally with the Rockford discussion, there was one person from Hutchinson...It was J.D. Shaw.

It definitely goes up as you get in to the smaller corps. At Cascades this year, the vast majority are from the PNW - Washington, Oregon, Idaho. We have a few from Utah, California, Montana, and I think a few from farther out.

There are 4 high schools in Rockford according to the Rockford ISD web site. I marched with Sky Ryders and we had only a couple of members that were even from the state of Kansas. Coincidentally with the Rockford discussion, there was one person from Hutchinson...It was J.D. Shaw.

Rockford always seems so huge when driving through and around it. I guess I just assumed they would have alot more high schools.

Rockford always seems so huge when driving through and around it. I guess I just assumed they would have alot more high schools.

...just to clarify. Rockford has 4 PUBLIC high schools (to me Boylan Catholic is not a public school and Harlem is not in Rockford), 3 large private high schools and a couple of church run smaller high schools. Class sizes in the Rockford public schools have been huge at times, so Illinois' 3rd largest city has never had a lot of public high schools. My graduating class was a little over 1,000.

There are 2 more public high schools in adjacient cities - in Loves Park and Rockton.

Rockford also seems a lot larger because we have some smaller cities/villages that have grown right up to our city limits - Cherry Valley, Loves Park, Machesney Park, Rockton, and Roscoe. Lots of green space too.

Its still just sad to see the state of music education in the Rockford area! Now that parade season is almost here, the best looking and sounding high school band will be from Dakota - population about 506 !

Edited by rkfdPRphan