Mini Corps 2012 - Who is in?

YES. There seems to be little interest in the Mini Corps show at DCA Annapolice. One has to wonder why a show that was growing, So Big - So Fast, has such little going on. Other than Centurions and Rocketeers, Looks like Many of the usual Corps are not interested. Some that have been coming for Many Years.

Just think, just a year or more ago. People were wondering: "How many could they fit in the show." Now they seem to have FIVE. Guess there will be No Problem this year Time wise (even if 5 more did apply).:satisfied:

Edited by 2B or not 2B
  • Like 1

Would Love to see them Raise the number to 26 and have the last 4 spots required to be guard. so 22 musicians and 4 guard.

Ugh, no. If anything, mini-corps needs less regulation, not more. I'd advocate making it an "anything goes" rule-set provided you meet the membership numbers and stick to the performance space.

• Like 1

Ugh, no. If anything, mini-corps needs less regulation, not more. I'd advocate making it an "anything goes" rule-set provided you meet the membership numbers and stick to the performance space.

I think they need to raise the number to 31. This allows corps that are between 21 and 32 to have a place in DCA.

• Like 1

I think they need to raise the number to 31. This allows corps that are between 21 and 32 to have a place in DCA.

I actually like that idea, even if you are channeling your inner Shadow7 :)

Or consider splitting Minis into two classes, one for 20 and under, and one 21-32. Count all performers.

Edited by Kamarag

I believe there are at least ten mini corps already signed.

People dont realize that there are a lot of things to make sure of before they can be in the DCA show. Performance/recording rights, insurance, entry fees et al. When they find this out and they find out the costs, people back out quickly.

Still sounds like a very good show.

Donny

• Like 1

I believe there are at least ten mini corps already signed.

People dont realize that there are a lot of things to make sure of before they can be in the DCA show. Performance/recording rights, insurance, entry fees et al. When they find this out and they find out the costs, people back out quickly.

Still sounds like a very good show.

Donny

Good points, Donny.

Maybe we've gotten spoiled in recent years, with 10 or more mini-corps participating some years.

When the mini-corps thing was getting off the ground in the 1990s, 10 corps in the lineup would have been a huge number.

I am sure that the change of venue has a tiny bit to do with it. Rochester is and will always be one the "homes" of the DCA World Championship.

I have other theories why people dont really want to compete in this show, but that is another story for another time. I am sure DCA is starting to see the light.

Think we might have to do something about that.

Attaboy Tommy!

Make something happen man!

(Donny, I think I know what you are getting at...screw that! WE ALL MUST JUST GET BETTER! ALL are welcome IMHO! If I'm misreading you, my apologies...)

Yeah John....of course!

It was always a great "competition" with GR, Mass Brass, Erie, Golden Eagles, Minne Brass, et al.

Talked to Kevin Hassan, and he said there are 10 paid mini corps, and still waiting on couple more perhaps.

Donny

don't jump the gun on this one just yet. mini-corps is one of the most progressive ideas in a long while and there is no questioning the "must see" aspect of it at dca from 2007-2010. keeping it fresh is a challenge. so is understanding the Star U impact on the event and the subtle adoption of a contest/championship mindset versus an entertainment/exhibition mindset.

YES. There seems to be little interest in the Mini Corps show at DCA Annapolice. One has to wonder why a show that was growing, So Big - So Fast, has such little going on. Other than Centurions and Rocketeers, Looks like Many of the usual Corps are not interested. Some that have been coming for Many Years.

Just think, just a year or more ago. People were wondering: "How many could they fit in the show." Now they seem to have FIVE. Guess there will be No Problem this year Time wise (even if 5 more did apply).:satisfied: