2012 Fan Network

Does anyone know if DCA will ever get their own fannetwork feed? It was nice to get finals last year since I couldn't make it to Rochester.

I am missing it as well. Is there a contractual issue pending?

I remember they had music licensing issues but I thought the edited shows were put back on the fan network.

I remember they had music licensing issues but I thought the edited shows were put back on the fan network.

That is interesting considering that the show is available for semi-finals. Why one and not the other?

I also noticed that the Madison issue is still in play. No sound for "Empire." That one I understand since we have discussed that issue to death. However, the inconsistency on finals vs. semi-finals for Crown and Cavies is puzzling.

Edited by Old Corps Guy

Anyone else missing Cavies and Crown from 2011 Championships? I have the standard "live" package.

Yes. 2011 Finals shows are all up for subscribers, but for some unexplained reason, Cavies and Crown shows are not up yet. Maybe its a rights issue or something.Maybe Drumcat poster might know and chime in on the reason if he's around and about.

Yes. 2011 Finals shows are all up for subscribers, but for some unexplained reason, Cavies and Crown shows are not up yet. Maybe its a rights issue or something.Maybe Drumcat poster might know and chime in on the reason if he's around and about.

I can't speak to copyright reasons, but I can mention it to someone. I know that the early season stuff won't be put back, but I'll check on the Finals shows. My guess is that the disc material will be substituted, but don't hold me to that.

As for Open, I'll see if that was a VOD omission. I can tell you that Open Class will be live streamed again this year, but I will check on the exact mix.

There's a reason we call the planet our "instant feedback" site...

• Like 3

Does anyone know if DCA will ever get their own fannetwork feed? It was nice to get finals last year since I couldn't make it to Rochester.

DCA would be smart to share the resources with DCI like WGI and BOA do now. DCA would need at least 10 corps in a show to make a live feed truly worthwhile, and that doesn't happen much.

I'd be happy even if they could get VODs

That is interesting considering that the show is available for semi-finals. Why one and not the other?

I also noticed that the Madison issue is still in play. No sound for "Empire." That one I understand since we have discussed that issue to death. However, the inconsistency on finals vs. semi-finals for Crown and Cavies is puzzling.

The puzzle was availability to all customers vs just those that bought discs last year. This copyright stuff is taken seriously, and I don't want to answer anything incorrectly, so I'll let the people who know, know. :)

The puzzle was availability to all customers vs just those that bought discs last year. This copyright stuff is taken seriously, and I don't want to answer anything incorrectly, so I'll let the people who know, know. :)

Shortly you will see an article about this that will answer a lot of questions.

Just received from Fan Network:

Thank you for emailing Drum Corps International. Portions of the Carolina Crown's pre-show and approximately 30 seconds within the Cavaliers performance were removed to be compliant with Copyright Law and Intellectual Property Rights. The edits were completed in a manner that will maintain the integrity of the corps' performances to the best of our ability. Unfortunately, they have been taken down from the Fan Network.