The Fan Network for DCA

Will DCA ever get their own "Fan Network" on the net? We all know that DCA doesn't have the follwoing that DCI enjoys. However, there is still a following for finals. Many of us can't make the trip to finals and would love to see the shows from the current year as well as previous years.

One can only hope.

I think it all comes down to demand. I know last year they streamed prelims online (for a price). I'm sure they'll be doing the same again this year.

indeed, it comes to demand. WGI and DCI share their Fan Network, and I think BOA is tied into it as well. Sharing the resources is best for all. other than prelims, none of the DCA shows seem to have enough corps to truly make it worthwhile for live feeds, but maybe Video On Demand like DCI does at mid week shows could be possible.

In order to make a live feed truly worthwhile, I'd guess you'd need at least 10 corps at a show

$65 is the lowest price package for DCI fan network which gives you all live streams and every show since the 70s. My point is if DCA were to do this, the price would have to be very low for me to want in.

$65 is the lowest price package for DCI fan network which gives you all live streams and every show since the 70s. My point is if DCA were to do this, the price would have to be very low for me to want in.

DCA would also have to spend a forture to get licensing for the years they have on video.....goes back to only what, 88?

Last years Prelims was a great success from what was reported. I expect them to do it again next year.

For those out of area corps I know a lot of their fan base that were unable to make the long trip were able to watch.

Its a win win for everyone.

VERY LOW???

Perhaps someone could explain this to me (remember I'm no longer an official of DCA, but I'm not dead)

and more interesting

why does skeptic's statement tick me off? I find it MOST condescending and offensive...

VERY LOW???

Perhaps someone could explain this to me (remember I'm no longer an official of DCA, but I'm not dead)

and more interesting

why does skeptic's statement tick me off? I find it MOST condescending and offensive...

Consider the same poster posted a topic "Can DCA Corps beat DCI Corps", in this forum, and concluded that the top DCA corps would be comparable to Jersey Surf. His personal bias in that post was less than veiled. Skeptic, please return to the DCI Forum, you'll find others of like mind there to consort with. Tom, calm down-we don't need you back in the hospital, you've given us enough scares this year!

• Like 1

VERY LOW???

and more interesting

Sorry if thats how it came off to you. I simply mean that I would not pay anywhere near $65 for one season of DCA live streams. Simply not enough corps per show and shows themselves to get the bang for your buck.

If DCA could pull off being able to select any show from the 80s on then I would be willing to pay $65.

Edited by skeptic

Consider the same poster posted a topic "Can DCA Corps beat DCI Corps", in this forum, and concluded that the top DCA corps would be comparable to Jersey Surf. His personal bias in that post was less than veiled. Skeptic, please return to the DCI Forum, you'll find others of like mind there to consort with. Tom, calm down-we don't need you back in the hospital, you've given us enough scares this year!

My bias towards whom?

And I got into drum corps first through DCA so to say "go back to DCI" is oh so wrong.

• Like 3