You have 30 minutes...

around here...convenience store chains like Sheetz, Turkey Hill.....plenty of shows don't feed everyone, and people will pre-game and post game...and places will staty open past 11. The Hershey show when it ran always had stuff going with the local Wendy's, and Wendy's even had a coupon in the book for that restaurant.

Also...let's look at this...DCI is trying to get the kids right? What kid is ready buy a ####### Lexus in high school or college? For all the kids you see at shows, you don't see a matching number of parents at the show.

But...put a Wendy's Coupon in? Kids will hit it up for some latenight grub on the ride home. Same for like a Taco Bell. In the east...a WaWa sub with $1 coupon? Guarantee they'd get business after a show. Oh and people need gas....most convenience stores offer gas too!

but for an activity about youth, that's trying to attract youth....a Lexus? Really? I mean invite Jos. A. Banks and Rolex too!

Loads of parents in the stands. If you can afford to send your kid off to participate in drum corps, you can likely afford a Lexus.

Drum corps is an upper-middle class suburban activity.

Edited by danielray
  • Like 1

Loads of parents in the stands. If you can afford to send your kid off to participate in drum corps, you can likely afford a Lexus.

Drum corps is an upper-middle class suburban activity.

how many parents go on the bus trips to see a show? Not as many as you think. Watched 8 busses unload at Allentown last year.....well over 300 kids. And total 25 adults.

If DCI is still about the youth, they need to get stuff there that will attract youth. The average legacy fan aged person going to a show is there to see the show and most likely won't givea #### about a Lexus dealers stuff.

how many parents go on the bus trips to see a show? Not as many as you think. Watched 8 busses unload at Allentown last year.....well over 300 kids. And total 25 adults.

If DCI is still about the youth, they need to get stuff there that will attract youth. The average legacy fan aged person going to a show is there to see the show and most likely won't givea #### about a Lexus dealers stuff.

Allentown is mutant...

Central Ohio is loaded Band MILFs.

Allentown is mutant...

Central Ohio is loaded Band MILFs.

so tell me....when going to a drum corps show.....are people really going to stop and look at a Lexus SUV sitting there?

Well, here in the M.I.L.f. hotbed (thanks, Dan!) our stands are pleasantly mixed. The Dinos sit in the middle sections with some kids (more adults) and the band kids sit in the wings (group tickets) where the ratio is 1:100 or more.

Despite our attractive middle-aged Moms (sorry, Jeff) I'd say there's probably not much difference in the attendance at any stadium.

I have a group of 30 coming for the first time this year. They are all Dinos who were part of a powerhouse local corps from Bellefontaine, OH in the 40's, 50's, and 60's. A client of mine was the 6 year old kid who got dragged to all shows by his volunteer father. They may bring some family, but the point of their gathering is to "get the band back together", if only to watch a show together.

Edited by garfield

so tell me....when going to a drum corps show.....are people really going to stop and look at a Lexus SUV sitting there?

Actually, one could put them in between each souvie booth so people would be forced to wander by them.