Season 18 Discussion Thread

Sorry- so many Wisconsin-based corps these days, it's hard to keep track of y'all. :tongue:

• Like 1

HEY!!!!

:angry::mat::fight::sneaky2:

Haha! :lookaround::tongue:

Not to be "that guy" but would it be possible for those of us who have Teal Sound for some captions be allowed to do a second caption change in a 7 day period following this announcement??

I just read about that situation. I'll post something about how we'll be addressing this situation sometime tomorrow.

HEY!!!!

:angry::mat::fight::sneaky2:

Definitely won't be able to forget about you now, being the first corps to break 80 this season and all that. :smile:

• Like 1

Regarding the unfortunate situation with Teal Sound, here is how I will be addressing things on our end:

Normally, when a DCI corps goes inactive before the start of a season, we have left the point cost for that corps as a blank and have just kept going down the list, instead of moving everybody else up. For instance, when Troopers took a year off in 2006, we kept their point spot open (I think it was 4 points) and kept going down the list (ie Esperanza-6, Magic-5, Pioneer-3, etc).

I'm going to treat this year's situation with Teal Sound in a similar fashion, starting the week after regionals. I will keep Teal "on the books" for this week, albeit with generated scores (I believe they had 3 shows scheduled this week), and then deactivate them for the rest of the season. Those directors who have Teal as a caption selection will receive the generated scores for that caption for this week.

As far as the request to give directors a second caption change this week, I'm reluctant to do that because there has already been one instance this season where a director made a caption change prior to the caption change limits going into effect and wound up being unable to change captions for more than a week as a result (an unexpected outcome which I regreftfully am unable to explain). Fortunately, with "amnesty day" (the day after regionals, where every corps has 24 hours to redo all captions) being less than a week away, I think we should be able to ride this out for the next few days and get everybody on track with readjusted captions starting next week.

And now for today's events:

Out west, the Medford OR show moves to a new venue at Eagle Point HS. It's not a turf field like US Cellular Stadium, but more seating should mean a better experience for corps.

MedfordOREaglePointHS4000.jpg

Montclair NJ's Sprague Stadium will host a good showdown between four World Class corps that have won at least one event this season. This event will give the winner a good shot of momentum heading to Annapolis.

MontclairNJSpragueStadium5000.jpg

The action- and the field- will be burning up down south when over 35 corps invade Savannah GA's T.A. Wright Stadium. Once considered one of the worst small college stadiums around, Wright Stadium has undergone a massive overhaul that's transformed it into a really good marching venue.

SavannahGAWrightStadium6000.jpg

Finally, at Historic Horlick Field in Racine WI, the beer will be flowin' and the brats will be smokin' as Polaris Regiment tries to follow up last night's stellar show with another impressive performance. They'll have to contend with last year's champs, Quiksilver, and Ohio Valley Thunder, among others.

RacineWIHorlickField4000.jpg

YOW!! That hurt. :huh:

Guess I should've updated my corps a day or two ago... each had two stray points to play with! :doh:

Fortunately, with "amnesty day" (the day after regionals, where every corps has 24 hours to redo all captions) being less than a week away, I think we should be able to ride this out for the next few days and get everybody on track with readjusted captions starting next week.

Just to clarify--July 15th all corps have unlimited changes for the day--does it matter if they have had changes in last week etc?

its hot this time of year and I am slow--sorry not been to active guys!

Edited by gcurrier

Just to clarify--July 15th all corps have unlimited changes for the day--does it matter if they have had changes in last week etc?

its hot this time of year and I am slow--sorry not been to active guys!

That's a good question. Will the one change a week restriction be suppressed as well? Or do we need to plan on making sure we have not made any changes in the last week in order to be able to make the more then 3 changes?