Where's the review for Wildwood?

Caballeros-

Mellophones had some great moments that cut through like crazy!

Thank you!!! We have been working very hard! :) As for the rest, tune back in at Bridgeport, that's all I can say!

You may want to re-read the review. The numbers the reviewer used were his/her own.

My bad... I missed that. However, it would be nice for people to see the real scores along with the review. :)

• Like 1

I wish I would have been able to produce a review of this quality when I was writing for Drum Corps World - fantastic job!

Thank you!!! We have been working very hard! :) As for the rest, tune back in at Bridgeport, that's all I can say!

Will absolutely be looking forward to it and rooting for the Cabs! I know you guys know how to crank it up as the season goes!

I wish I would have been able to produce a review of this quality when I was writing for Drum Corps World - fantastic job!

Thank you sir!

There's a reason why people don't write reviews anymore. You either get "I love your review" or "Your review sucked". Sadly it almost always goes along corps lines "You said bad things about my corps... wahhhh" or "Yeah my corps really is that awesome". Speaking solely as a former show review writer I would encourage the folks of DCP to keep in mind that thoughts and opinions are just that. You're more than welcome to disagree but remember that what is written by the reviewer is not right or wrong.

Just a friendly service announcement for the season of reviews to come.

Thanks for the review. For someone like myself who was unable to attend the show I appreciate hearing as many opinions as possible. The truth, as always, lies somewhere in between.

• Like 1

Great review......this reviewer really nailed it. Some quick thoughts: I couldn't believe how prepared the Buccaneers were. All sections were strong, confident and sold the show. I'm curious to see how the Cadets 2 will fare against this show. (Felt strange to write that). :-) For June, the Cabs were very well prepared , just not as prepared as the Buccs. This would have been a running start for a Championship year for the Cabs during any other era, but the Bucs are really pushing the "readiness" level for corps. The Cab show is true to their entertainment tradition so it's just a matter of how well they can clean and tweak it. They were my wife's favorite. That said, I think the Cabs are still in the game to grab the title. It's just a matter of how hungry they are and how much ground they can catch up on. Fusion's brass were hot and entertaining with great feet and body.....but I don't remember the drill being too demanding. Their brass line certainly could certainly make a run for a brass trophy. Gold and Fusion were great examples of smaller corps with good quality programs and well rounded ensembles/sections but because Gold's guard was so good, I had them slightly over Fusion. I know how much talent and experience there is in Windsor Regiment, so I was surprised how weak the show was. Perhaps the show is over ambitious and/or is written for September. They have a lot on their plate to get this show up and running but the members and staff have a lot of drum corps experience so I'm sure they will be working hard and adapting and it will be a lot different show in September.

• Like 1

Good job Tony, called it as you saw it without mean spirited comments

Tony's review was outstanding because it had TWO major elements:

1. He knew what he was talking about and was very descriptive in getting it across.

2. He can WRITE ! I'd put his style and use of the English language in the same class with Brooklyn Mario....both are Box 5 writers.

Good job !

Joe

There's a reason why people don't write reviews anymore. You either get "I love your review" or "Your review sucked". Sadly it almost always goes along corps lines "You said bad things about my corps... wahhhh" or "Yeah my corps really is that awesome". Speaking solely as a former show review writer I would encourage the folks of DCP to keep in mind that thoughts and opinions are just that. You're more than welcome to disagree but remember that what is written by the reviewer is not right or wrong.

Just a friendly service announcement for the season of reviews to come.

Thanks for the review. For someone like myself who was unable to attend the show I appreciate hearing as many opinions as possible. The truth, as always, lies somewhere in between.

amen. as someone who writes reviews, gets some praise and some hate mail, i just say ignore the critics.

and again, great review