Vote: Shows poised for the Gold (from last night)

102 members have voted

1. 1. Which show is best poised for the Gold? (from last night)

• Cadets
    • Crown
    • Cavaliers
    • Bluecoats
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Blue Stars

Quite frankly this thread really might not be necessary, but opening day has me definitely hyped so I made this so we can all have a visual view on what people think. So for those who were there or have seen videos of ALL of the above on video then vote. Those of you going to the movies can definitely reserve your opinion until after then. Thanks :thumbup:

• Like 1

Of the corps I saw last night I'd say The Cadets have the highest ceiling. I was somewhat disappionted in Crown, but I do expect they will be top 4 in the end, just how high up I am not sure. I really do NOT see the Cavaliers finishing top 4 this year, but they are masters of layering and adjusting, so it's too early to call. The Bluecoats were incredibly impressive and a top 3 finish is very possible.

The cleanest corps last night were BLOOOO and Phantom. Phantom has a wonderful show and could be a darkhorse in the mix, as could BLOOO. But the Cadets really looked like they would have stole the show until the end of their ballad (which is 3/4ths of the way through their show). Once the other elements are in I just see a higher ceiling on what the Maroon and Gold can do.

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 4

Waffles.

• Like 4

Of the corps I saw last night I'd say The Cadets have the highest ceiling. I was somewhat disappionted in Crown, but I do expect they will be top 4 in the end, just how high up I am not sure. I really do NOT see the Cavaliers finishing top 4 this year, but they are masters of layering and adjusting, so it's too early to call. The Bluecoats were incredibly impressive and a top 3 finish is very possible.

The cleanest corps last night were BLOOOO and Phantom. Phantom has a wonderful show and could be a darkhorse in the mix, as could BLOOO. But the Cadets really looked like they would have stole the show until the end of their ballad (which is 3/4ths of the way through their show). Once the other elements are in I just see a higher ceiling on what the Maroon and Gold can do.

They're not Maroon and Gold. They're Maroon and Cream! :laughing:

On another note, I really wish Cadets would cut out the pit on that last chord of the ballad and let the brass line take over so we can hear a perfect cut off and let it ring throughout the stadium. Oh I forgot, we're in the Oil Can. I cannot WAIT until that contract with that stadium ends. It's ruining EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!

Edited by 2000Cadet

They're not Maroon and Gold. They're Maroon and Cream! :laughing:

Are they Maroon and Cream? I thought they were now Maroon and White.

Are they Maroon and Cream? I thought they were now Maroon and White.

I don't know the difference between cream and white. :laughing:

Interesting poll right now. Stars are actually beating Cavies who dont even have 1 vote! Ill remember this poll near the end of the season :p

At least somebody will. :blink: