Cavaliers in Trouble?

It's June.

• Like 8

Sorry to be sensationalist, but WOW ... what in the world did the new staff do to this corps? Even the corporate-friendly hosts of DCI At The Movies were baffled by their show. I know it was "incomplete", but there was nothing I saw that had ANYTHING to do with the Cavies of the past 15 years.

I know that all the geniuses of the early 2000s Cavies are with SCV right now (and I hope their show is good), but how could they not find people halfway decent to replace them? YIKES.

I'm a big DCI fan and am not trying to insult anyone here, but I just can't believe the product I saw put on the field tonight. I had to come home and watch Frameworks, Spin Cycle, and 007 to cleanse my palate.

We saw it live...while watching, I just couldn't believe it was the Cavaliers.

• Like 4

Talk about fairweather. Sheesh...you guys can't give anyone a break for a second. It's all dread and drama. Give them time to adjust. I for one like the show and see how demanding it is.

Edited by jaylogan
  • Like 2

It's June.

Did you watch the show from Saturday? This is clearly a VERY different corps, and the show just screams "how do I fill these shoes" via all the new staff.

I certainly hope they do well and will always cheer them on, but this was the biggest shock I've had since the first year of amplification.

EDIT: Not trolling, I promise. You can merge this thread with the Cavaliers 2012 thread if you want. Just voicing my (extremely disappointed) thoughts. For 15 years the Cavs (in my mid) pushed the art of drum corps to new and exciting places. Last year, with the extended recordings and re-hashes of old moves (notably the "jump over other guys" move at the end) I got a little worried ... and now I'm just dumbfounded.

Edited by Spin Cycle
  • Like 2

I seem to recall the sky falling when they debuted their 2010 show, but the ended up in 2nd. So....I won't count them out yet

• Like 3

I was a bit surprised myself, but this is a little crazy. I remember all this happening in early 2010 and then they got 2nd at finals...

• Like 2

I'm a big DCI fan and am not trying to insult anyone here

Whew, glad you cleared THAT up.

• Like 3