What year will Finals not be in Indy?

Is that still just a proposal or has it been approved to be built?

Which NFL team is going to be relocated there?

I know it WON'T be my Vikings as our new stadium was just approved and will be finished in just a couple of years!

Maybe DCI can have a championship in Minneapolis?

The approved stadium is to be built with a roof, but I am betting the venue will change and have a retractable roof.

Doesn't matter if the roof is retractable...if they won't open it where it is now, why would they bother doing it someplace else? The same arguments will apply...air conditioning, curtains blowing around, etc. etc. etc.

Let me preface this by saying... I'm ok with Finals staying in Indy forever.

But let's look at some proposals:

1. Why not take the NCAA Final Four approach to Indy?

Indy is the home of the NCAA and they rotate the Final Four back to Indy every 5 years. This will maintain the goodwill with the Indianapolis Tourism folks if DCI implemented a plan such as this.

Rotate finals by region Year 1: East Year 2: West Year 3: Midwest Year 4: South Year 5: Indy

2. Keep Finals in Indy, but every 3rd or 4th year do a one-off in a different region (i'm thinking west coast here primarily) The new 49ers stadium in Santa Clara will be built soon and a potential new stadium in Southern California is on the way if the NFL ever gets the Jaguars to move :)

• Like 2

Talk about Different Strokes.... I CANNOT STAND Allentown! I hated it as a performer too (wish they had turf back then...that elephant grass was awful)

I honestly haven't figured out why DCI East hasn't upgraded to a larger university venue but I guess there are the traditionalists out there. Maybe I'm an oddball here

Sorry, but DCI tossed us traditionalists aside long ago. I would like to add that most major sporting events are held in different cities every year. You do not see them committing to one venue for ten years. Can't compare apples and oranges, I know.

This thread so much could go right along with the thread about "getting a new fan base".

I would like to add that most major sporting events are held in different cities every year. You do not see them committing to one venue for ten years.

Most major sporting events can sell out entire stadiums at 10 times the cost per ticket of DCI finals.

U.S. Geographic Center

Closest big city - KC

Let's go! :satisfied:

Plato, MO is new population center of US

Plato is about four hours southeast of Kansas City. Let's split the difference and go to Warsaw, MO. They have a nice looking field, though we might have to bring in some temporary stands.

Rental housing for the World Championships is plentiful. (This house is on Cedar Grove Avenue.)

picture-uh=6c84b43ab1b832dbb3c7c25b399544-ps=b2893666f77eabc2757b2c6635b6c48-31828-Cedar-Grove-Avenue-Warsaw-MO-65355.jpg

Warsaw is home to the Truman Dam on the Osage River. Imagine the fun we could have with that!

vfiles17949.jpg

Maybe we could get them to move the Truman Dam Visitors Center to the football field so we could use at as a press box.

Truman%20Dam%20Visitor%20Center-500.jpg

The town also has the distinction of owning the records for the highest temperature ever recorded in Missouri AND the lowest temperature. How cool is that?

Edited by Michael Boo
  • Like 1

Indy is the home of the NCAA and they rotate the Final Four back to Indy every 5 years. This will maintain the goodwill with the Indianapolis Tourism folks if DCI implemented a plan such as this.

Rotate finals by region Year 1: East Year 2: West Year 3: Midwest Year 4: South Year 5: Indy

2. Keep Finals in Indy, but every 3rd or 4th year do a one-off in a different region (i'm thinking west coast here primarily) The new 49ers stadium in Santa Clara will be built soon and a potential new stadium in Southern California is on the way if the NFL ever gets the Jaguars to move :)

Sounds like a good plan!

• Like 1

It's actually balanced out quite a bit. If you can't find cheap flights into LA you're just not trying. FIVE airports (LAX, SNA, ONT, BUR, LGB), dozens of airlines, and hundreds of flights every day. And hotels and food seem to be about level with most areas of the country, maybe a little bit more, but not much. People coming from Chicago, Boston, or the DC area certainly won't notice a difference. There are exceptions, of course. If you're staying in Hollywood, downtown LA, or on the beach, OF COURSE you're going to be paying more. But there are 68,237 bedroom communities in the LA basin (with more reasonable prices) to choose from. Gas is usually higher than the rest of the country (Only $3.63 right now in Poway, lowest it's been in months if not years), and it takes forever to get anywhere in a sprawling metroplex with traffic issues, but really that's the only "wallet-buster." Cost of living here is high primarily due to housing costs.

I can get a direct flight from Harrisburg PA to LA for cheaper than I can get a connector to Indy, as we have no direct flights to there

win

• Like 1

People use flavored terms like "tradition" and "historic" to avoid hard realities, like "it was designed 100 years ago and is absolute garbage now." It's not just the Rose Bowl, it's true of Fenway and Wrigley Field, too. They're uncomfortable pits of ballparks that offer great history but little comfort for the fan.

Uh oh, I just bought Cubs tickets... :shutup:

Plato, MO is new population center of US

Plato is about four hours southeast of Kansas City. Let's split the difference and go to Warsaw, MO. They have a nice looking field, though we might have to bring in some temporary stands.

Rental housing for the World Championships is plentiful. (This house is on Cedar Grove Avenue.)

picture-uh=6c84b43ab1b832dbb3c7c25b399544-ps=b2893666f77eabc2757b2c6635b6c48-31828-Cedar-Grove-Avenue-Warsaw-MO-65355.jpg

Warsaw is home to the Truman Dam on the Osage River. Imagine the fun we could have with that!

vfiles17949.jpg

Maybe we could get them to move the Truman Dam Visitors Center to the football field so we could use at as a press box.

Truman%20Dam%20Visitor%20Center-500.jpg

The town also has the distinction of owning the records for the highest temperature ever recorded in Missouri AND the lowest temperature. How cool is that?

I'd take some of that cool right now.