What year will Finals not be in Indy?

I sure hope the Indy art museum has rotated their permanent collection since last August. I swear, I could be the head docent by now.

edited

OK, looks like they have a good photography show. Just another excuse to stop at Hank's on MLK Drive for some smoked brisket on the way back.

Edited by warsawstory

People will go where finals are at.

I have fond memories of the beautiful weather and wonderful acoustics and excellent sight lines at Bloomington in 2008, the last finals I attended. Next time it's held outdoors, I'll go again. Until then, not all people will go where the finals are (at). I'll get my fix at regional outdoor events.

• Like 2

Well I knew that it has been hosted there before, but yeah you're right! Colorado is an emotional wreck, weather wise.

I loved finals in Denver. The stadium was great! I took the light rail to the stadium from the sold out DCI host hotel at the Adam's Mark. Of course it wasn't really sold out if you went to priceline and bid $40 a night like we did. Took a drive up through the continental divide the next day.... was just an overall great Finals for us. Love for DCI to go back someday.

• Like 1

Man I don't know about y'all but I think Lucas Oil Stadium is an awesome venue. It's so clear acoustically, and not to mention it's FUN to play in.

Sure, if you like feeling all alone when you're playing.

• Like 1

Well this is a stretch and I'll probably be the only one to say it, but I'm a huge fan of DCI in Atlanta. Been the past 6 years and loved it every time. But, of course, no one is "close enough" for Finals to come to Atlanta. :thumbdown:

• Like 1

but finals attendance in Indy has risen each year.

That of course depends on how many years you go back to compare.

As far as I could tell the non-Indy final would have been held in Bloomington again, to minimize the disruption. Of course we'll never really know where finals would have ended up.

I understand why a lot of people are upset about finals being in Indy for so long. Heck, I live close to Indy and I have zero interest in attending. But DCI has gambled that the decline in attendance would be offset by the savings that come from having finals in one place. So far it's worked out, and unless there's an absolutely catastrophic drop in attendance - and I don't think there will be - finals is going to be in Indy for good.