Fenway Park and Boston Crusaders on Video

So my family is vacationing at Cape Cod for the week and we went in to Boston for the day to walk the Freedom Trail (loved it). My brother had secured 4 tickets for he and I, plus my step brother and bother-in-law, to attend a Red Sox game. So we finally got to see a game at Fenway Park last night. Just AWESOME!

At any rate, the introductory video that gets played right before the game (after the anthem) in order to fire-up the crowd featured what looked to be the Boston Crusader's percussion section. There had to be at least 5 or 6 different short clips of them. It really looked like Boston to me, but perhaps it was the UMass Minutemen or Boston U, or one of the other local groups.

Anyone know for sure?

Edited by jwillis35

It is in fact The Boston Crusaders drumline. It was filmed before the baseball season began.

Thanks, it was awesome to see that, and they looked fabulous!

Indeed it is BAC...and it is shown at every home game in celebration of Fenway's 100th Anniversary. Civilians wouldn't notice the difference, but we drum corps officianados may notice that the are 2008 uniforms with 2011 plumes, for example. The video was produced in early Spring, when the corps' equipment truck (carrying the current uniforms) was still in Florida, but the other set of uniforms was at the corps headquarters in Mass....

Drum corps always find a way to make it happen.....lol.

And yeah, they look great! :thumbup:

So my family is vacationing at Cape Cod for the week and we went in to Boston for the day to walk the Freedom Trail (loved it). My brother had secured 4 tickets for he and I, plus my step brother and bother-in-law, to attend a Red Sox game. So we finally got to see a game at Fenway Park last night. Just AWESOME!

At any rate, the introductory video that gets played right before the game (after the anthem) in order to fire-up the crowd featured what looked to be the Boston Crusader's percussion section. There had to be at least 5 or 6 different short clips of them. It really looked like Boston to me, but perhaps it was the UMass Minutemen or Boston U, or one of the other local groups.

Anyone know for sure?

Where on Cape Cod are you staying? This local wants to know!

Where on Cape Cod are you staying? This local wants to know!

We are in Orleans on Rock Harbor road. Love it! We explored Provincetown today and did some whale watching. Really neat stuff.

<br>We are in Orleans on Rock Harbor road. Love it! We explored Provincetown today and did some whale watching. Really neat stuff.<br>
<br><br>I  will be down there the 14 of july.  For the past 20 years i go fishing out of rock harbor.  nice place.   If you you have time rent some bikes and go down the rail trial bring your camera.  Just a great place to vac. Edited by emc2

It is in fact The Boston Crusaders drumline. It was filmed before the baseball season began.

Can any of the BAC snare drummers pitch ? BoSox might be able to use'em.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

We are in Orleans on Rock Harbor road. Love it! We explored Provincetown today and did some whale watching. Really neat stuff.

Sweet! Beautiful part of the cape! When are you and yours leaving us backwards little islanders?