2012, "Running doesn't make a shower harder."

:rolleyes:

my favorite so far this year

"hard for the sake of being hard"

CRACKS.

ME.

UP.

• Like 3

I never said anything in 2009 but if you want to argue this i have plenty of time on my hands. If you are marching faster tempos doing more direction changes even at a normal size it is harder than prancing to big sets.

I don't get where the Cadets are marching faster, or having more direction changes. Maybe we're watching different shows? You must have missed the jazz section in the middle of the show where the Cadets stand still for the entire tune.

• Like 1

I agree with Crown's brass book being harder, but no way is the Cadets drill harder than Crown's. Crown runs for like 3/4 of the show. Drum book isn't any easier either.

I love Crown and always have but lets not get too ambitious. Crown does alot more stop and play runs and then move. Not saying demand isnt there but alot of their crazy brass stuff is done in the park position. Thats smart design and im all for it but lets not over embellish content.

• Like 1

I don't get where the Cadets are marching faster, or having more direction changes. Maybe we're watching different shows? You must have missed the jazz section in the middle of the show where the Cadets stand still for the entire tune.

Cadets always have the hardest drill every year at the end of their shows. Im not a Crown or Cadet homer. Cadets are marching over 200 in their closer for over a minute. Hop talked about it at the beginning of the season. Not every corps is going to move through the wholse show (Minus SCV Moto Perpetuo). Every corps has big sections where they want you to hear them play balls to the wall hard parts and loud.

Dont think Crown or Cadets are the top corps you should be debating about demand. Just saying....

• Like 1

I love Crown and always have but lets not get too ambitious. Crown does alot more stop and play runs and then move. Not saying demand isnt there but alot of their crazy brass stuff is done in the park position. Thats smart design and im all for it but lets not over embellish content.

LOL. Maybe you missed the entire opener where they are playing a billion notes while booking it at 200. After reading all these posts you would think I am watching a different show!

• Like 1