Bristol Bridewell

Well said ...... I enjoy both very much. Btw, Klesch also wrote for Cadets on several occasions.

Thanks

thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

Thanks

Most of us do :-) It's a pretty friendly rivalry (at least here on DCP).

And there are many more connections between Crown/Cadets than those you listed above.

Friendly rivalries are good. :smile:

Ya' know, if you'd stop and think about it for a minute...

Who transformed Cadets drum line back in the 80's? Hmmm... any connection to Crown now?

Who transformed Cadets horn line then went to Star? Hmmm... any staff at Crown that just might have been influenced?

Who arranged Crowns horn book? Hmmm... where did he march again, it escapes me.

Content MATTERS to these 2 teams. That should be celebrated.

That's how I see it anyway.

What would be even better is for fans of these 2 Corps to unite and appreciate each others team.

And having those two working together does make this a special year for Crown.

• Like 1

I repost this occasionally :-)

It's great seeing that again. Brings back many memories from 1990. It was an honor to play his book .. and to have him work with the line from time to time. Funny how it only seems like yesterday.

Just got back from the show.

It was no shock at all that Crown beat Cadets handily.

The interesting thing about the Bristol show is that so many people in the stands are not regular drum corps fanatics. They are locals who may just come out to see just this show. They are not folks who pay attention to BPM's and horn arrangements. They just know what they like and what has an effect on them.

They liked Crown better.

Crown's guard was far more impressive than Cadets.

I don't know what that business with the guard playing on those sloped boxes is supposed to be doing for the Cadets in terms of GE.

This is a show where the stands are not high and people really see the corps up close. The intricacies of Crown's movements are very much "in your face" at this show. The guard work was much better.

• Like 6

Nice shorts Klesch! huh2.gif

Kinda weird .. all the clips from 82-87 or so .. just show the person walking up and down hills or thru the trees while they're talking.

Edited by supersop

Just got back from the show.

It was no shock at all that Crown beat Cadets handily.

The interesting thing about the Bristol show is that so many people in the stands are not regular drum corps fanatics. They are locals who may just come out to see just this show. They are not folks who pay attention to BPM's and horn arrangements. They just know what they like and what has an effect on them.

They liked Crown better.

Crown's guard was far more impressive than Cadets.

I don't know what that business with the guard playing on those sloped boxes is supposed to be doing for the Cadets in terms of GE.

This is a show where the stands are not high and people really see the corps up close. The intricacies of Crown's movements are very much "in your face" at this show. The guard work was much better.

That is why I love seeing Corps perform at smaller venues. Seeing everything up close and seeing what difficult stuff the guard is doing just makes you appreciate it that much more. Very impressive I say.

Well said.

Thanks

And having those two working together does make this a special year for Crown.

It is special. They know how to get it done.

I knew it when I saw them in Sevierville.

Looking further into the scores...

Most of the corps all last performed on 7/1.

Cadets went up 2 full points (78.6 to 80.6)

Bones went up 2.1 points (71.1 to 73.2)

Colts went up 2.1 points (68.5 to 70.6)

Teal Sound went up 2.2 points (63.9 to 66.1)

But Surf only went up a tenth? (65.9 to 66)????

Did they have a dirty run? Seems kinda odd... would like to see recaps.