Corps Housing sites for Quincy show

It depends. Lots of people have taken off from work this 4th of July week, so they won't be on the Boston major roads at Friday rush hour quite the way they usually are. That said, better to be safe than sorry, so figuring on lots of backed up Friday traffic and leaving early is STILL probably a good idea, imo. (I know a lot of the back roads to Quincy Stadium, so I'll try and stay off 1-95 for much of the way.)

If coming from the north, I would think I-93 will be in worse shape than I-95 since 93 goes right through the city...I was planning on taking 95 south and then taking 93 north...but I don't know South Shore that well...can you suggest a viable alternative(s)? I have a GPS, so I shouldn't get TOO lost...

Does anyone know where the housing sites are for Cadets and Carolina Crown this week? Jersey Surf is at Everett tomorrow. Any other corps?

I believe the Cadets are at Lynn Vocational High School and may be practicing Friday at the Manning Bowl, check their facebook page for updatea; though it will be a pain to get from Lynn to Quincy due to traffic if you are also going to the show.

If coming from the north, I would think I-93 will be in worse shape than I-95 since 93 goes right through the city...I was planning on taking 95 south and then taking 93 north...but I don't know South Shore that well...can you suggest a viable alternative(s)? I have a GPS, so I shouldn't get TOO lost...

Let's see, if you're going through Canton (where 95N meets with 128/93) and heading East to get on the expressway by the South Shore Plaza, you have some options. You can get off in Randolph and take Rt 28 North into Milton. At the first set of lights, take a right and work your way through Chicataubuck (sp) Road into Quincy. Or, at the fork (just past the SS Plaza) where left gets you on the x-way, stay right (towards the Cape) and take the first exit into Braintree. Stay right and take a left once you come up to the lights. Go straight pass Archbishop Williams HS and that will get you into Quincy. It's been awhile, but you have to take a right, past St. John's Church, then a left onto Hancock St. which leads up to Veterans Satadium.

Entering Archbishop Williams HS, then Veteran's Stadium on Hancock St., Quincy, MA into yur GPS, and ask for no highways, you should get there in do time.

Coming in from the North to the South there are several alternate routes that can help you avoid much of Route 93. If you are coming in from the East toward Quincy, there are some other options ( Ghost here has one that could work for you ). I'm coming in from just North of Boston, so I know these road options to Quincy pretty well to avoid much of 93. I was out today on 93 at rush hour and it wasn't bad at all. Friday is always different and usually a bumper to bumper deal for long stretches. But I think you shouldn't have much bumper to bumper traffic tomorrow ( many are off work this week for the 4th as I mentioned above) unless you were nearer to the Cape and the bridges and the traffic there. A lot of people that intend to go to the Cape on overnight vacation trips this particular week are already there. The day trippers will go Saturday or Sunday. So I think barring any accidents on 95/ 128/ you should not be hitting a lot of delays with bumper to bumper traffic on any of your routes in to Quincy at around 5:30 pm or so. Parking might be little dicey around this stadium however. But I'm sure you'll find a spot somewhere within reasonable walking distance.

ps.. if you still need assistance, just do mapquest, yahoo, google, or one of these similar road directions engines, and if you don't want to go on major hwys, most sites give you many options here to select roads that don't involve major hwys for a portion of, of for most of the trip. You can select the route roads that best fits your needs... and right from your home to Quincy Stadium.. and back. You can then program this into your GPS. Anyway hope this helps. Good luck, and enjoy the show !

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Thanks all, will do some traffic lookups before I leave tomorrow and probably make a decision then. Sounds like a great show lineup but it sure will be weird not seeing BAC at a local show! Parking situation can't possibly be much worse than when the Beanpot used to be at Hurd Stadium, or the ultimate parking nightmare, Camp Randall in Madison in the days before the parking garage.

I believe the Cadets are at Lynn Vocational High School and may be practicing Friday at the Manning Bowl, check their facebook page for updatea; though it will be a pain to get from Lynn to Quincy due to traffic if you are also going to the show.

There is a topic for corps housing posted elesewhere in the DCI WC forum, link to the Cadets (which links to their website) says they are staying in Randolph Thursday and Friday. Crown's info. listed is the same, Burlington, as posted earlier in this forum.

Don't think there is a Randall, MA. Maybe Randolph, MA which is close to Rt 24 and 93/128. Just west of Braintree.

Before you park by the stadium, head East about a mile and visit Wollaston Beach and stop into the Clam Shack.

Great advice about Clam Shack, good luck finding parking at Wollaston Beach.

I would check the Colts staying in Randolph info. Yesterday at the Wakefield, MA parade I heard all kinds of hearsay and rumors regarding where corps are staying. Someone told me a corps was displaced and I believe it was the corps staying in Randolph. I then heard Billerica was where this corps would be staying and a Billerica resident said no, it was Burlington. Someone else said Crown was in Burlington. I'm not sure who these people were but they claimed they visited all the corps prior to the parade beginning. This info may all be wrong, but it's better to verify and be safe than sorry.

I believe Cadets are staying in Lynn at Lynn English, not Lynn Tech and rehearsing at Manning Bowl, excuse me, Field. I heard this info from a more reliable source at Beanpot last Saturday, but if the housing site is wrong, I'm pretty certain the practice site is correct. In the past when Lynn hosted corps, they stayed at Classical, English, or Tech, but practiced at Manning.

Edited by Tim K

Jersey Surf Drum & Bugle Corps

will be rehearsing at Everett Stadium, 1953 Revere Beach Pkwy, Everett, MA 02149

on July 6th from 8am - 4pm before the CYO Nationals Show in Quincy, Ma.

For more information on this Corps, please visit theeir website at http://www.jerseysurf.org/

Close! Cadets are staying at Lynn English and rehearsing at the Manning Field. Ensemble is at 3:00pm sharp. Crown was supposed to be at Lynn Vocational but got bumped. I'm pretty sure they are in Burlington.

Edited by saxmania2477