Centerville Soaring Sounds

LOL.

just got a call from the Bluecoats daughter; said the crowd that was there was very high energy for all the corps and it was a great show. They're pretty hyped. Blooooo is on their way to Canton for a rehearsal day AT HOME tomorrow and then to Bowling Green for the show Wednesday.

Hmmmm...wife said the opposite: "Crowd was kinda dead". Not disputing your daughter, just saying. Differing perspectives I guess.

Good luck to your daughter and Bloooo!

• Like 1

Just finally got the chance to check in. From the sounds of things, changes are happening as expected this time in the season, spread is big(ger?) between Crown and Bloo. Spread is closer between Scouts and Cavaliers and Cavies came out ahead of Spirit. Assuming there was a drum judge tonight that likely impacted that...

If Cavies can streamline their show design they have a ton of potential there... great work tonight guys.

Congrats to Crown on the highscore, and Bloo on another solid showing :thumbup:

Am I really the only person who likes The Cavies' show as it is???

Edited by crownisking
  • Like 2

Congrats to ALL the Corps tonight! Wish this could have been on Fan Network. I'm getting spoiled.

Way to go Crown! Is that 13 in a row?

And kudos to Spirit. I know you're working on some changes, but still: only 0.6 behind Cavies and 0.9 behind Madison. Who would have thought!?! Go Baby Blue!

I was there tonight....I think the crowd was pretty high energy, but man were we packed in like sardines!!! Ugh. I thought about linking arms with the people on either side on me.

Overall...I thought Spirit was very impressive, better than I was expecting and FUN!.

There are moments of Madison's show I really enjoy, they might have been the crowd favorite. Company front to the end of the show was so delicious it had to be fattening.

The Bluecoats were MUCH better than what I was expecting and could really pack in the brass sound. the guard is MUCH better than last year and had a good night. Love the silk choices, but I'm not sure if they'll be able to catch Phantom, but it'll be a fun dance to watch.

The Cavies look as though they've made some needed changes and integrate the guard better, but I still think something might be getting lost in translation? The guard was VERY inconsistent and sloppy....almost as if half of them were tweaking on crystal meth while performing....a propros for a 15 minutes of fame? :smile: I think they'll catch and pass Madison, but not Bloooo. They really closed the gap tonight

Crown has made me a believer. I'm not one to get emotional, but there were moments of genius in that show, and Leon May is to be commended. Amazing drill and executed very nicely tonight, there are some musical moments that almost made me cry...literally I was getting teary. I love the freshness of the show and concept, and the ingenuity of the direction the corps is taking and the forward thinking of the design staff. Kudos to Keith Potter and the other who have really elevated this corps. Also, you could tell Rosie had been in to clean the guard, because they too were ON tonight.I think this Crown could and should win in Indy. Crown and Phantom now are my 2 favorite shows of the season!

:::EDIT::: It also looked like Crown might have been down 2 tubas tonight??

Also, GREAT night for all the groups! Beautiful, slightly cool weather, as opposed to the 102 degrees it was 2 days ago. Lots of familiar and big name faces in the crowd tonight. Eric Martin of BOA sat in front of me. I think Centerville/Dayton's close proximity to Indy, Columbus and Cincy had a large pull in those that came tonight. I think Cville seats about 8,000 and it looked pretty full. Overall, great performances by all tonight...very proud of everyone's effort and hardwork. For parents and friends stuck back at home, you would have been very proud of your child tonight!! :thumbup:

For point of reference this is Centerville Stadium:

1272155253_Stadium.jpg

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay
  • Like 6

Interesting that even though the Cavies repassed Spirit, the gap between the 3 is tighter than ever (.09). Should be very interesting when we get to the regionals and GE is double paneled. Throw in Crossmen and maybe BK and it could be a dogfight for 7-11!

I was there tonight....I think the crowd was pretty high energy, but man were we packed in like sardines!!! Ugh. I thought about linking arms with the people on either side on me.

Overall...I thought Spirit was very impressive, better than I was expecting.

There are moments of Madison's show I really enjoy, they might have been the crowd favorite.

The Bluecoats were MUCH better than what I was expecting and could really pack in the brass sound. the guard is MUCH better than last year and had a good night. Love the silk choices, but I'm not sure if they'll be able to catch Phantom, but it'll be a fun dance to watch.

The Cavies look as though they've made changed and integrate the guard better, but I still think something might still be getting lost in translation? The guard was VERY inconsistent and sloppy....almost as if half of them were tweaking on crystal meth while performing....a propros for a 15 minutes of fame? :smile: I think they'll catch and pass Madison, but not Bloooo. They really closed the gap tonight

Crown has made me a believer. I'm not one to get emotional, but there were moments of genius in that show, and Leon May is to be commended. Amazing drill and executed very nicely tonight, there are some musical moments, that almost made me cry...literally was getting teary. I love the freshness of the show and concept, and the ingenuity of the direction the corps is taking and the forward thinking of the design staff. Kudos to Keith Potter and the other who have really elevated this corps. Also, you could tell Rosie had been in to clean the guard, because they too were on tonight.I think this Crown could and should win in Indy. Crown and Phantom now are my 2 favorite shows of the season!

Also, GREAT night for all the groups! Beautiful, slightly cool weather, as opposed to the 102 degrees it was 2 days ago. Lots of familiar and big name faces in the crowd tonight. Eric Martin of BOA sat in front of me. I think Centerville/Dayton's close proximity to Indy, Columbus and Cincy had a large pull in those that came tonight. I think Cville seats about 8,000 and it looked pretty full. Overall, great performances by all tonight...very proud of everyone's effort and hardwork. For parents and friends stuck back at home, you would have been very proud of your child tonight!! :thumbup:

For point of reference this is Centerville Stadium:

1272155253_Stadium.jpg

Great review... Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1