Centerville Soaring Sounds

I was there tonight....I think the crowd was pretty high energy, but man were we packed in like sardines!!! Ugh. I thought about linking arms with the people on either side on me.

Overall...I thought Spirit was very impressive, better than I was expecting.

There are moments of Madison's show I really enjoy, they might have been the crowd favorite.

The Bluecoats were MUCH better than what I was expecting and could really pack in the brass sound. the guard is MUCH better than last year and had a good night. Love the silk choices, but I'm not sure if they'll be able to catch Phantom, but it'll be a fun dance to watch.

The Cavies look as though they've made changed and integrate the guard better, but I still think something might be getting lost in translation? The guard was VERY inconsistent and sloppy....almost as if half of them were tweaking on crystal meth while performing....a propros for a 15 minutes of fame? :smile: I think they'll catch and pass Madison, but not Bloooo. They really closed the gap tonight

Crown has made me a believer. I'm not one to get emotional, but there were moments of genius in that show, and Leon May is to be commended. Amazing drill and executed very nicely tonight, there are some musical moments, that almost made me cry...literally was getting teary. I love the freshness of the show and concept, and the ingenuity of the direction the corps is taking and the forward thinking of the design staff. Kudos to Keith Potter and the other who have really elevated this corps. Also, you could tell Rosie had been in to clean the guard, because they too were on tonight.I think this Crown could and should win in Indy. Crown and Phantom now are my 2 favorite shows of the season!

Also, GREAT night for all the groups! Beautiful, slightly cool weather, as opposed to the 102 degrees it was 2 days ago. Lots of familiar and big name faces in the crowd tonight. Eric Martin of BOA sat in front of me. I think Centerville/Dayton's close proximity to Indy, Columbus and Cincy had a large pull in those that came tonight. I think Cville seats about 8,000 and it looked pretty full. Overall, great performances by all tonight...very proud of everyone's effort and hardwork. For parents and friends stuck back at home, you would have been very proud of your child tonight!! :thumbup:

For point of reference this is Centerville Stadium:

1272155253_Stadium.jpg

What an excellent shot!!!! Even though it wasn't from tonight...

Edited by KellyfromMich
  • Like 1

I was there tonight....I think the crowd was pretty high energy, but man were we packed in like sardines!!! Ugh. I thought about linking arms with the people on either side on me.

Overall...I thought Spirit was very impressive, better than I was expecting.

There are moments of Madison's show I really enjoy, they might have been the crowd favorite.

The Bluecoats were MUCH better than what I was expecting and could really pack in the brass sound. the guard is MUCH better than last year and had a good night. Love the silk choices, but I'm not sure if they'll be able to catch Phantom, but it'll be a fun dance to watch.

The Cavies look as though they've made changed and integrate the guard better, but I still think something might be getting lost in translation? The guard was VERY inconsistent and sloppy....almost as if half of them were tweaking on crystal meth while performing....a propros for a 15 minutes of fame? :smile: I think they'll catch and pass Madison, but not Bloooo. They really closed the gap tonight

Crown has made me a believer. I'm not one to get emotional, but there were moments of genius in that show, and Leon May is to be commended. Amazing drill and executed very nicely tonight, there are some musical moments that almost made me cry...literally I was getting teary. I love the freshness of the show and concept, and the ingenuity of the direction the corps is taking and the forward thinking of the design staff. Kudos to Keith Potter and the other who have really elevated this corps. Also, you could tell Rosie had been in to clean the guard, because they too were ON tonight.I think this Crown could and should win in Indy. Crown and Phantom now are my 2 favorite shows of the season!

Also, GREAT night for all the groups! Beautiful, slightly cool weather, as opposed to the 102 degrees it was 2 days ago. Lots of familiar and big name faces in the crowd tonight. Eric Martin of BOA sat in front of me. I think Centerville/Dayton's close proximity to Indy, Columbus and Cincy had a large pull in those that came tonight. I think Cville seats about 8,000 and it looked pretty full. Overall, great performances by all tonight...very proud of everyone's effort and hardwork. For parents and friends stuck back at home, you would have been very proud of your child tonight!! :thumbup:

For point of reference this is Centerville Stadium:

1272155253_Stadium.jpg

Thanks for the review! thumbup.gif

Edited by Kevin.
  • Like 1

Unrelated, but had to share this tweet:

"Drum Cores: the badasses of the marching band world. #DCI#DrumsAcrossNebraska"

Wow both insulting and inaccurately spelt.

• Like 1

Cavies bounced back nicely. Minneapolis this weekend should be crazy.

Interesting: the scoring of Carolina Crown seems to be consistent with what they've been getting back East, while the midwestern corps are scoring about the same as last night. What this says to me is that the judges are interpreting the sheets consistently even across regions, and means that the Crossmen's score might not be inflated, as I had feared. This weekend will tell me for sure, but I think this is a good sign for Crossmen.

• Like 1

Aren't Cavies an all MALE corps?!?!? :tongue:

You really couldnt connect those dots?

• Like 1

Interesting: the scoring of Carolina Crown seems to be consistent with what they've been getting back East, while the midwestern corps are scoring about the same as last night. What this says to me is that the judges are interpreting the sheets consistently even across regions, and means that the Crossmen's score might not be inflated, as I had feared. This weekend will tell me for sure, but I think this is a good sign for Crossmen.

Well, very recently (this weekend), we've seen Spirit and Cavies jump up to the 74-75 range while Crossmen dropped into the 72 range. I'm confident all of these groups will remain competitive with each other and other corps, but from what I've seen, this kind of spread seems appropriate for now.

The Cavies look as though they've made some needed changes and integrate the guard better, but I still think something might be getting lost in translation? The guard was VERY inconsistent and sloppy....almost as if half of them were tweaking on crystal meth while performing....a propros for a 15 minutes of fame? :smile: I think they'll catch and pass Madison, but not Bloooo. They really closed the gap tonight

Uh...not even as a joke. Not with any corps.

• Like 3

Spirit spent a lot of time last night working on visual (let the brass relax a little). Looks like it paid off--3rd in Visual, just edging the Scouts.

Edit: I guess the brass needed a little rest. They took 3rd, again followed closely by the Scouts.

Good job to both Corps!

Edited by CrownBariDad