Salem, WI 7/12

That's why you want to look at groupings rather than scoring. If you would objectively look at both Cavies and Scouts' shows, the technical aspects of their shows out weighs that of Spirit's. It's just a matter of them cleaning it. They could be some what clean and score as high as a pretty clean Spirit.

• Like 1

Like Madison too. Maybe the huge amount of bass synth throughout the show confuses the judges???

I'm sure that was it. :rolleyes:

:tongue:

• Like 1

Scores are just numbers and it is just ranking right now..

side note: Spirit is AMAZING on Fan Net work, I'm viewing it right now,,, Just AWESOME Spirit!!

Also digging Bluecoats..

And Scouts did make a number of Changes 2 and 3 days ago.. This is the second time they performed the changes..

Edited by Cop
  • Like 1

And Scouts did make a number of Changes 2 and 3 days ago.. This is the second time they performed the changes..

Be the eyes to those who can't see...

What type of changes exactly? Where/What?

Competitive curiosity will kill this cat.

• Like 1

based on what? have you seen all the shows?

honestly I want the Crossmen to do just as well as you do, but jumping from 17th back into finals at all would be a huge accomplishment for this corps... jumping to single digits is completely unrealistic. When is the last time a corps jumped 8 spots in one season?

They shouldn't have been in 17th last year and DCI knows it. They got absolutely no credit for any improvements last year.

• Like 2

Everything is a conspiracy when it deals with the competition! thumbup.gif

I wonder if Cavies will pass them in MN. Can't wait! Although I have a feeling Madison will be 'that' corps that does remarkably well this year! (and more to come).

And for any Madison fans, I mean that non-offensively.

And to every other fan who wants their corps to do better than Madison.. LET'S GET EM!

:)

one question did you steal the cookie from the cookie jar?

• Like 1

For the third time...

Could someone please answer me: how did Madison jump 4 points in two nights?

Did they have any big changes at yesterday's show? Any new GE?

I'd like to hear from those related to the organization, or who were at a bunch of shows.

Thanks!w00t.gif

You don't seriously expect somebody from the Madison Scouts organization to answer that question do you?

Still, I give you the benefit of the doubt, and I'm not assuming what you know or don't know, so please don't take my next suggestion as being disrespectful to you or your intelligence.

My question to you, is do you know what "recaps" are? They are the numbers the judges assign to corps performances, and they break the judging down into really fine points. I would suggest you read the recaps which are published by DCI and find the answer yourself. Maybe the drum line was really together, maybe the marching was really crisp and the lines were super straight due to practice by the corps.

You analysis of reading the recaps should answer your question, if you are really that interested. I hope that helps.

• Like 2

I think everyone associated with the Scouts believe "Reframed" is much more challenging to perform than "New York Morning." IMO, the points were harder to come by last year. The potential for a higher score and placement at finals is greater this season. The judges like and appreciate the built-in difficulty. They are rewarding the Scouts for it.

• Like 3

You don't seriously expect somebody from the Madison Scouts organization to answer that question do you?

Still, I give you the benefit of the doubt, and I'm not assuming what you know or don't know, so please don't take my next suggestion as being disrespectful to you or your intelligence.

My question to you, is do you know what "recaps" are? They are the numbers the judges assign to corps performances, and they break the judging down into really fine points. I would suggest you read the recaps which are published by DCI and find the answer yourself. Maybe the drum line was really together, maybe the marching was really crisp and the lines were super straight due to practice by the corps.

You analysis of reading the recaps should answer your question, if you are really that interested. I hope that helps.

I was thinking more of an alum who has been to every show because they are die-hard and like to post on DCP.

And no offense taken, I do read the recaps every night! But recaps don't tell me if 10 members all of a sudden do backflips, or if the tenor drums turn upside down to play.

That's what I'm looking for!

Edited by Cookies
  • Like 2