Question about Crown's show

Well it should be obvious....

The justaposition of sound and colour represent the inner struggle and recognition of the animus as the protagonist seeks to rise above karma and embrace the Jungian shadow in the subtext of the collective unconcious. Before embarking on the heroic journey by which he will evolve from the warrior archetype to that of the sage, he must first garner the blessing of the universal and eternal "yes".

Sheesh - a child could see it from a mile away.....

:tongue:

LOL Best show explanation ever!

I'm hearing people refer to sections of the show, specifically the middle, as Whimsey, Maniacal, and Destruction. Are these "official" names for segments of the show? What about the rest of the show...are there titles for the early and later parts as well? Just curious.

Love the discussion in here. I've been trying to come up with my own story for this, and the discussion here helped fill in some of the missing pieces!

Are these "official" names for segments of the show?

yes.

Anyone besides me uncomfortable mixing the stark simplicity of "Fanfare for the Common Man" with the sort of complexity and nuance that defines the rest of the show? That was my impression in my one and only viewing last week in Jackson, N.J. Fanfare is (and should be) a simple, clear, direct and natural statement. The mix of Fanfare and these other elements felt anything but clear or natural - at least to me.

The performance was another matter. Crown has a superior corps executing at a superior level. It's the design that I'm just not sold on.

HH

Anyone besides me uncomfortable mixing the stark simplicity of "Fanfare for the Common Man" with the sort of complexity and nuance that defines the rest of the show? That was my impression in my one and only viewing last week in Jackson, N.J. Fanfare is (and should be) a simple, clear, direct and natural statement. The mix of Fanfare and these other elements felt anything but clear or natural - at least to me.

The performance was another matter. Crown has a superior corps executing at a superior level. It's the design that I'm just not sold on.

HH

What's funny is that you are describing the design of this show exactly. Dreams is a perfect contrast to Fanfare so it's going to be a pretty stark difference between the two pieces, which is what the design team wants.