Cavaliers Question

I certainly hope this isn't an issue with any of the corps. I could be wrong, but don't a lot of the corps have a non discrimination clause in their by-laws? I seem to remember hearing a few years back that a lot of the corps had it stating there would be no discrimination based on race, sexual orientation,gender, to name a few things. Granted, Cavaliers and Scouts probably don't have the gender thing listed. Maybe it is just for the senior corps, but I seem to remember hearing that most of the World Class corps had this in place. Personally I wouldn't consider something like this a political discussion, especially if it is written in the corps rules/guidelines/by-laws, etc.

Except that's not what the OP's question was. The question was, are Cavies members of the Boy Scouts? The answer is no. Can we be done now?

Only if you listen to a couple of highly vocal posters on here. I like to think it's more about the spirit of the holidays, and all of the sweet presents and food. That's what I always look forward to. :tongue:

I don't think you can confuse "in excelsis deo" as non-religious. LOL!

Well, then it's a good thing they're a private organization and can do that if they want to.

• Like 1

Or you could argue the case that they're celebrating what was orininally a Pagan holiday that marks the solstice. Boy would that be controversial!

Sorry....I ain't Bogie and you SURE ain't Bergman!!

*but would Boo be Rains????*

No. I'd be one of the usual suspects being rounded up.