Cavaliers Question

We used to....I think the 2008 election (or was it 2004) did it in for good.

I learned that although that particular forum accounted for less than maybe 5% of DCP's volume, it accounted for more than 90% of the generated complaints.

Life is just easier this way. :tongue:

PS: Drum corps brings us all together. We don't need anything on this site that drives us apart.

Edited by Michael Boo
  • Like 2

I learned that although that particular forum accounted for less than maybe 5% of DCP's volume, it accounted for more than 90% of the generated complaints.

PS: Drum corps brings us all together. We don't need anything on this site that drives us apart.

The issue should not drive the community apart, Mike. Over 38 years as a performer, adjudicator, educator in this activity, you name it- I've been great friends, worked professionally, and performed with people of different lifestyle choices. It's fact, it's the reality. I view it as being a good and valuable experience in the activity for me as a young man and as an old geezer now.

Anyone who doesn't realize that, understand it, like it, or can't deal with that is... really not in the right activity.

The issue should not drive the community apart, Mike. Over 38 years as a performer, adjudicator, educator in this activity, you name it- I've been great friends, worked professionally, and performed with people of different lifestyle choices. It's fact, it's the reality. I view it as being a good and valuable experience in the activity for me as a young man and as an old geezer now.

Anyone who doesn't realize that, understand it, like it, or can't deal with that is... really not in the right activity.

But the fact remains that the Current Events forum was spectacularly divisive and my opinion is we're better off without it. I understand why DCP dropped it. No matter how people should feel or react to such a topic, the dialogue would really be two monologues not listening to each other. And since Cavaliers haven't been members of the organization in question for close to six decades, the question posed really isn't relevant to anything. Six decades ago, yes.

I agree with you on the top part....

On the last statement however..... We will always have the Blue Devils :tongue:

• Like 1

I think cadets show this year should be banned from all discussion on DCP as it is religious in nature.

Edited by charlie1223
  • Like 1

I think cadets show this year should be banned from all discussion on DCP as it is religious in nature.

Only if you listen to a couple of highly vocal posters on here. I like to think it's more about the spirit of the holidays, and all of the sweet presents and food. That's what I always look forward to. :tongue:

Sorry....I ain't Bogie and you SURE ain't Bergman!!

*but would Boo be Rains????*

I see what you did there! Brilliant! <cues up BD 97 on Fan Network>

If we are going to do that ...then we have to stop discussing Crossmen's 2012 show as well. I mean isn't that political in nature? Save the planet! :tongue:

I certainly hope this isn't an issue with any of the corps. I could be wrong, but don't a lot of the corps have a non discrimination clause in their by-laws? I seem to remember hearing a few years back that a lot of the corps had it stating there would be no discrimination based on race, sexual orientation,gender, to name a few things. Granted, Cavaliers and Scouts probably don't have the gender thing listed. Maybe it is just for the senior corps, but I seem to remember hearing that most of the World Class corps had this in place. Personally I wouldn't consider something like this a political discussion, especially if it is written in the corps rules/guidelines/by-laws, etc.

• Like 1

This is such sad news, it's a step back into the olden days.

I thought with Madison, they corps were connected to BSA because the members had to join BSA to be covered by their insurance.

At Kidsgrove I think our connection with the Scout is a bit blurred, we have criminal records checked as requested by the Scout Association but I think that is it.