Cool mellophone or alto licks.

WoofInTheWoods

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, yeah star!!! good

'88-'94 Scouts....mostly the same licks....LOL (listen, they are almost the same)

Cadets have some great ones too

Star of Indiana's opener from 1991.

That was mello heaven

. . . . most any Midrange part written by the great Hy Dreitzer . . . not just 16 bars here or there, in this year or that (or this decade or that!), or a letter here or there, but top to bottom, masterpiece after masterpiece, Hy's midrange parts RULED. Always.

. . . and may I say that John "Screech" Arietano has outdone himself this season with the Mellophone parts he has written for the N. Y. Skyliners' 2002 Book, "Love Notes from the City" . . . if it were only up to the spirit and heart being willing, I'd be out there on the field in a heartbeat playing Mellophone . . .

Doreen Sandor Girardi

Cadets ballad 1998

Star 93...throughout

SCV 99...in S. Barber's symphony #1...there were all sorts of trills and stuff that were watered by finals...but it was awesome originally

BUSH - 2001...all over the place, 2002 all over the place...including the on the field warm up

• 4 weeks later...
. . . and may I say that John "Screech" Arietano has outdone himself this season with the Mellophone parts he has written for the N. Y. Skyliners' 2002 Book, "Love Notes from the City" . . . if it were only up to the spirit and heart being willing, I'd be out there on the field in a heartbeat playing Mellophone . . .

Doreen Sandor Girardi

Word ! :)