My point was people complain about singing and voice overs on the field so using your logic they shouldn't have vocal in I&E cause it isn't old school drum corps. For the record I do not feel that woodwinds belong on the field or should ever become part of drum corps. ( I also hate seeing props and voice overs on the field). But I&E is separate just because DCI puts it on does not mean it should be only drum corps talents. It is designed for members to show off there talents and have a little bit of a break different from what they are doing on the field. You used dance as an example of what else shouldn't be allowed at I&E, but what Guard on the field does not include some aspect of dance into their drill? So once again by what you are saying because it is already part of drum corps it should be part of I&E?

Come on, don't pull out that tired, ad hominem elitist card. :thumbdown:

No, I have never performed at I&E. Or DCI. Or DCA. Or BOA. I've also never been to the moon or played in the NFL, either, but I can still talk respectfully and intelligently about those subjects.

What's argumentum ad hominem about asking a question? I wasn't making an argument, simply asking a question, and got attacked for it. Ad hominem, indeed.

• Like 3

Can you please add in the description that he marches with cascades?

It would be much appreciated :)

Was that your instructor that tried just before the winner?

And....your bass drum ensemble was fun!

What's argumentum ad hominem about asking a question? I wasn't making an argument, simply asking a question, and got attacked for it. Ad hominem, indeed.

Apologies for being quick on the trigger. 99 times out of 100 on DCP (involving any parties) I've seen the "Have you ever?" question get immediately followed by dismissive arguments along the lines of "well, since you've never..." Since the argument is being dismissed based on the attributes of the presenter and not the merits of the argument itself, that's what (would have) qualified it as ad hominem.