Lafayette Lockdown

You really think Crown's show is hard to figure out? Seriously? It's a freaking masterpiece of design simplicity. The elements of that design have a lot going on, but that doesn't make it complex or difficult to understand. It's one of the reasons it's so successful. It's layered well, there's lots of nuance (especially musically), and the pacing is very good.

If you are struggling to understand Crown's program, you have bigger problems.

Considering I don't scratch my head at other shows- I don't think I have any problems. :thumbup:

This is NOT simple show- that is the most ridiculous statement I've ever seen on this website. They are pushing the envelope. Visually, and musically. You want simplicity? Watch shows that place in the 15th place to 21st place range.

• Like 1

Did you even look at the recaps?

More than a half point in guard.

Yes and they were only .2 behind BD in Colorguard in San Antonio. The caption spreads between BD and CC have fluctuated, which you would expect. The exception being the visual captions where BD has consistently bested CC by pretty large margins. That's why the visual caption is the key for Crown. They'll seesaw back and forth with BD in most other captions, but unless they make up some ground in visual they're gonna come up short.

• Like 1

Considering I don't scratch my head at other shows- I don't think I have any problems. :thumbup:

This is NOT simple show- that is the most ridiculous statement I've ever seen on this website. They are pushing the envelope. Visually, and musically. You want simplicity? Watch shows that place in the 15th place to 21st place range.

You're confusing simplicity with demand. They are not the same thing.

Yes and they were only .2 behind BD in Colorguard in San Antonio. The caption spreads between BD and CC have fluctuated, which you would expect. The exception being the visual captions where BD has consistently bested CC by pretty large margins. That's why the visual caption is the key for Crown. They'll seesaw back and forth with BD in most other captions, but unless they make up some ground in visual they're gonna come up short.

I see what you're saying bu t I respectively disagree. BD ALWAYS has a top-tier guard, and takes the title more often than not. Crown has time to clean visually. If Crown loses- it will be for two things:

1. Guard

2. Percussion.

I see what you're saying bu t I respectively disagree. BD ALWAYS has a top-tier guard, and takes the title more often than not. Crown has time to clean visually. If Crown loses- it will be for two things:

1. Guard

2. Percussion.

I'd add drill during the two whiplash sections (one near the beginning, the other near the end). But you've summed it up well. The other thing to consider is that Devils are also pretty dirty and aren't exactly going to take the next couple weeks off. Can Crown win? Absolutely. Will they? Dunno. Gonna be fun finding out though.

No idea where you came up with that statement...:smile:

This is NOT simple show -- that is the most ridiculous statement I've ever seen on this website. They are pushing the envelope. Visually, and musically. You want simplicity? Watch shows that place in the 15th place to 21st place range.

Yeah, you two seem to be using the terms "simple" and "complex" in different ways.

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Like 1

I'd add drill during the two whiplash sections (one near the beginning, the other near the end). But you've summed it up well. The other thing to consider is that Devils are also pretty dirty and aren't exactly going to take the next couple weeks off. Can Crown win? Absolutely. Will they? Dunno. Gonna be fun finding out though.

This...Devils are certainly not clean. I watched them for the first time today after hearing everybody rave and worship them for the last month. I was expecting it to be much cleaner than it is.