Oregon Crusaders Sending a hidden message

So, I'm following the OP's instructions and re-watching OC, and all I can say is

DA_MN!

What an opening statement! Not sure who that's a nod too, but I loved it.

I never saw the solo trumpet. Was that a track?

Back to the show...

So, I'm following the OP's instructions and re-watching OC, and all I can say is

DA_MN!

What an opening statement! Not sure who that's a nod too, but I loved it.

I never saw the solo trumpet. Was that a track?

Back to the show...

Trumpet soloist at the start is off camera to the left. The voice during the show is also live...off camera to the right. You can see the guitarist in the pit is also playing live.

OMG! OMG!

Thank you! Thank you!

What an un-freakin-believable show. It's nearly hard to imagine.

When I watched, really watched, I was taken back in time to some of the best shows of my memory. I heard everything, every great year. That drill design was unbelievable. Square, blocky. Round and flowing. A mock Z-pull, ankle-knee marching. That drum line! OMG! What perfectly matched writing to the line that is. Just plain hot, and ballsy.

So, I would have never paid much attention had this post not come up, so it's a plus-win with my thanks.

But to that corps! OMG! One week from tonight they'll be in Dublin. I can't wait to see them live now that I get it.

And I'm gonna buy me some souvies from OC's truck that night, I'll tell you that!

Gonna go watch again. It was FUN! Too bad my 12-year old won't ball as much as I did watching it!

And to think, they put on THAT performance after agonizing through the set up. Those kids have got some big kahuna's if you ask me.

Edited by garfield
  • Like 1

Wow, I thought I was the only one that picked up on the hidden messages. I was watching the live broadcast last weekend and my feet began to tingle. My dog suddenly looked directly at the T.V. As the color guard was meandering in on the field, like a sloth hedging for nap, I saw something I couldn’t explain. Once the music from the pit captured my attention, I lost all sense of time. I was hypnotized into a trance that lasted for several days. This isn’t the first time the Oregon Crusaders have used such tactics. I remember the show they called Metal something with mirrored cones that reflected light. Someone should really investigate this corps. I have read other post in previous years that point out many mysterious unexplained tactics the Crusaders have dabbled in. I remember some post from a mole within. That mole is strangely silent these days. Mysterious?

Wow, I watched again and you're so right. :tic: The show design this year and even last year...whoever they have they need to keep!!! Starting in 2010 they have had some really high quality designs and performances. I can't wait to see what they plan next year.

I'm so happy to see Oregon Crusaders getting so much love. I want to give each of those kids a fist bump. Well, not the guard so much unless their being late to the field was intentional. Ya think? Could they have done that just to increase the tension and then blow the audience away? Probably not. That would be arrogant and I don't think they're that kind of organization.

I've gone back to their performance at San Antonio about six time so far. One of my top three shows of any class this year. It's just so darn fun.

I haven't seen OC this year, but I always worry about Open Class corps entering World Class. The record doesn't fair well for them - Mandarins, Cascades, Pacific Crest, The Academy, Jersey Surf...the list goes on. And now all of these top Open Class corps are at the bottom of World Class.

There's no reason OC should move to World Class. They would become just another non-Finalist fatality. I'd hate to see this happen to such a great organization.

Sorry, but Surf, Academy and PC seem to be doing just fine. It's not all about making finals, especially with the top 12-15 being SO good these days. And there are a LOT of reasons that corps should go from OC to WC, if they can manage it financially. Getting appearance fees would be a large one. You must also consider the fact that at least one top 3 corps director has made no secret of the fact that he wishes the whole division to just go away.

I haven't seen OC this year, but I always worry about Open Class corps entering World Class. The record doesn't fair well for them - Mandarins, Cascades, Pacific Crest, The Academy, Jersey Surf...the list goes on. And now all of these top Open Class corps are at the bottom of World Class.

There's no reason OC should move to World Class. They would become just another non-Finalist fatality. I'd hate to see this happen to such a great organization.

Sorry, but what a lousy mindset. I'm reminded of a scene in Chariots of Fire where Abrahams says, "If I can't win, I won't run." And Sybil responds, "You can't win if you don't run."

Someone is always going to be in the bottom tier of world class, but who knows, they might just eke their way up over time. If a solid organization wants to try to give it a go, I say more power to em!

I would be incredibly bored to see the same corps in WC year after year, and frankly, I love following the middling corps as they duke it out over the season. I am MUCH more interested in watching the evolutions of Mandarins, Cascades, Pacific Crest, The Academy, Jersey Surf over the years.

Edited by CLD
  • Like 1

The one section of the show that wasn't a World Class corps reference (because the corps wasn't WC at the time) was from The Academy's show in 05 ... just after the Channel One section ... when the brass do a BK reference visually .. then end up in the ball doing the plume wag while the tuba is doing American in Paris. It's a 10 second reference .. but it's there and it's clear. It's ALL SO VERY CLEAR!

Academy played all Shostakovich in '05, so guess again. Come to think of it, PR was playing Gershwin that same year....