Throwdown in Allentown !

Well I am on your side there... :tongue:

I have a feeling we may not see that placement from them again this season, even if JJ judges finals week (which he will..).

He does, after all, have no problem giving it up for whoever on that night. Heck, Spirit could win drums at finals!

I guess it only makes it more exciting.. :smile:

Exactly. We complain about "slotting" and then when someone goes against the grain - what do we hear? Complaining....

• Like 3

Recaps for Crown vs. BD are pretty interesting. Obviously coming out ahead of BD with Pipitone is a huge achievement - he had them down a point and a half just 2 weeks ago. Musically, Crown won 4 of 5 judges' sheets and got a total musical spread of +0.25. That's gotta look pretty good to Crown's musical staff, but realistically BD is strong in these captions and it's going to be hard to open up a bigger spread.

The bad news for Crown is that they lost on 5 of 5 visual sheets. The 2 visual judges who saw BD vs Crown previously both increased BD's spread since the last meeting. 2 others judging the matchup for the first time had Crown behind by large spreads. Across all visual sheets, Crown was -1.4. Crown can pray to the Ghost of Zingali for a friendlier panel next Saturday, but there probably isn't a visual panel in DCI that get them within half a point of BD on the visual sheets.

It's not impossible for Crown, but it's going to be a pretty tall order.

• Like 1

I'm not disagreeing with Regiment's place at all. For Crown to suddenly be over BD and Bloo? Really? That much hasn't changed in a few days.

You weren't even at the show! JJ has given Crown low marks all season. To suggest that he's abusing his position is indeed unfair.

Well he's not playing anymore; he's judging. His scores this year have been more than suspect.

J.J. is one of, if not THE best in the business. He is not afraid to call 'em like he sees 'em on any given night. If you get the job done, you get the score. Tonight is a perfect example. I wish more judges were like him.

• Like 4

302327_4329459763086_780677162_n.jpg

I dunno. I think Hoppy and his crew can blind side this DADA stuff. What you think? Work real hard Cadets and get'em in the end!!

Edited by saxmania2477
  • Like 1

Recaps for Crown vs. BD are pretty interesting. Obviously coming out ahead of BD with Pipitone is a huge achievement - he had them down a point and a half just 2 weeks ago. Musically, Crown won 4 of 5 judges' sheets and got a total musical spread of +0.25. That's gotta look pretty good to Crown's musical staff, but realistically BD is strong in these captions and it's going to be hard to open up a bigger spread.

The bad news for Crown is that they lost on 5 of 5 visual sheets. The 2 visual judges who saw BD vs Crown previously both increased BD's spread since the last meeting. 2 others judging the matchup for the first time had Crown behind by large spreads. Across all visual sheets, Crown was -1.4. Crown can pray to the Ghost of Zingali for a friendlier panel next Saturday, but there probably isn't a visual panel in DCI that get them within half a point of BD on the visual sheets.

It's not impossible for Crown, but it's going to be a pretty tall order.

I think the Tweeters were correct, especially when one looks at the VisProf score. They definitely have the content but are far from achieving it.

Visual will be tough for crown- especially of Lee Carlson is judging Thursday and gets to put in his Blue Devils perfect 20 early, which will surely be followed by the rest of the judges in that caption following suit later in the week. This has happened every year the past few seasons so I don't see why it would stop now, especially since he popped them a 19.6 tonight.

You weren't even at the show! JJ has given Crown low marks all season. To suggest that he's abusing his position is indeed unfair.

The one of the few that I've missed this year. I don't believe content changes all that much night to night.

I think Crown should be able to overcome BD though, but it's going to take a perfect storm of a panel composed of many of the people that judged night beat when the spread was 0.20 and people that seem to be willing to pop them the number (read: not most of the people that generally judge Saturday shows or finals week, unfortunately).

217940_4329428002292_1633034902_n.jpg

I dunno. I think Hoppy and his crew can blind side this DADA stuff. What you think? Work real hard Cadets and get'em in the end!!

No.

• Like 1