Throwdown in Allentown !

I get that. I just mean that they have as much of a chance to regain that spot as Crown might have to jump up in percussion. You disagree?

There's no question BD can pass Crown in brass. They've tied Crown in a subcaption at previous shows, and it's so close right now I think either corps could win the High Brass trophy next week

Holy crap Allentown is amazing! All the people an the tailgaiting is where it's at!

So this is the drum corp fans dream Madison was dreaming about

:thumbup:

• Like 1

I have a feeling I'll probably get blasted for this ... but here's my opinion:

Very interesting recaps tonight. Sure, Blue Devils opened the gap up big time from the last time they saw Crown (0.2 at NightBEAT to 1.15 at Allentown tonight). BUT, Crown won Brass, Music Analysis and PERCUSSION! Yes, Crown scored higher than Blue Devils in percussion! That is a first this season, as far as I know. On the other side, Crown was a full point behind BD in Visual and half a point in GE ... mostly thanks to GE Visual and GE Music 1. So, all that being said ... Some people are going to say there's no way Crown can beat Blue Devils now. I respectfully disagree. I think the percussion will continue to remain clean now that they've achieved this level. So, all they need to do is really work on the visual part of the show (which I understand there was a new ending tonight, which I would assume led to some dirt) while continuing to make sure the percussion can maintain tonight's achievement and they can pull this out! Come on, Superhumans! You can do it!

Their percussion has been up and down all season. The fact that they won tonight doesn't mean it will stay at the same level.

I have a feeling I'll probably get blasted for this ... but here's my opinion:

Very interesting recaps tonight. Sure, Blue Devils opened the gap up big time from the last time they saw Crown (0.2 at NightBEAT to 1.15 at Allentown tonight). BUT, Crown won Brass, Music Analysis and PERCUSSION! Yes, Crown scored higher than Blue Devils in percussion! That is a first this season, as far as I know. On the other side, Crown was a full point behind BD in Visual and half a point in GE ... mostly thanks to GE Visual and GE Music 1. So, all that being said ... Some people are going to say there's no way Crown can beat Blue Devils now. I respectfully disagree. I think the percussion will continue to remain clean now that they've achieved this level. So, all they need to do is really work on the visual part of the show (which I understand there was a new ending tonight, which I would assume led to some dirt) while continuing to make sure the percussion can maintain tonight's achievement and they can pull this out! Come on, Superhumans! You can do it!

Love the positive attitude! While this thinking could go in BD's direction as well, its awesome you are so excited and behind Crown! :thumbup: I too, hope its a close finish so the fans get their money's worth in Indy.

For someone who was there, was about the out of the box stuff?

How was the crowd, what corps really put on a special show, who got "loudest horns", etc.?

Edited by wvu80

UGH!

Pipitone is the new Czapinski (she who shall not be named).

Ah give JJ a break. I played with him at Dutch Boy in 89. Helluva Tenor player

For someone who was there, was about the out of the box stuff?

How was the crowd, what corps really put on a special show, who got "loudest horns", etc.?

Allentown, best place on earth to watch drum corps.

Crowd responded at all the proper places and as expected

Crown definitely the crowd favorite followed by Phantom (Phantom sucked me in, they were GREAT)

Crown horns blew the house down, show tight and clean! Staff was pumped after the performance.

Any other year Crown walks away with the title.

Blue Devils, my first time seeing them live, this show is the new-new thing! Brilliant !!

• Like 1

Allentown, best place on earth to watch drum corps.

Crowd responded at all the proper places and as expected

Crown definitely the crowd favorite followed by Phantom (Phantom sucked me in, they were GREAT)

Crown horns blew the house down, show tight and clean! Staff was pumped after the performance.

Any other year Crown walks away with the title.

Blue Devils, my first time seeing them live, this show is the new-new thing! Brilliant !!

...but the real tragedy of Allentown?

I hear Lupos got closed down for license violations. :sad:

EDIT - in fact - it's up for sale http://www.weichert.com/41956507/

Edited by Grandpa