Cadets 2 penalties

Jeez, I just want to know WHO Sal is???? He has my old corps in his bio and I cant for the life of me remember a Sal Rosenburg :huh2:

Nope. Still several years away from that mark.

You're actually saying C2 staff doesn't have it together? Wow, that's pretty insulting (and wrong). I think the C2 staff knows exactly what they are doing, and they kids are buying in 100%.

While I can't speak for every kid in C2, I can tell you that my former students, of which there are several in the corps, are loving it and having the time of their lives.

That's pretty short sighted. It might have gotten them in the door, but without the positive experience, they wouldn't have stayed. I know for a solid gold fact those kids are having a very positive experience, and one that is quite different than if they had gone to any other DCA corps.

No, because if they wondered at any point, I'm sure the staff would happily have explained it to them. Again, they DO NOT CARE.

If you say so. I think you're FOS, but whatever. I suspect C2 will be well over the minimum time allowed come prelims. And that's the only show where it really matters. They'll probably have whatever changes made and in before that. That's how Cadets roll.

Maybe they didn't want to? maybe they decided it's not ready for prime time? Maybe they have other reasons. It's not for you or me to decide. Perhaps you should contact C2's staff.

Maybe you should apply for a position on C2's staff, since you know so much about what they are and aren't capable of. Frankly, I think they will have a show that's well within the performance rules, and kick some serious arse doing it.

Of course, it may also be true that the marching members of C2 are capable of far more than the members of the corps you (or I) marched with in DCA. Frankly, I believe they absolutely are.

So now you telling me that corps give refunds to members that are not having-a positive experience ."fos" I say .I actually know the drum caption and taught him once. I know he is very competitive.I can also assume Mr Hammond knows what it takes to succeed in the DCA forum.I'll bet he cares about the penalties.....

Come prelims I am sure they will be within the time limits only because the big boys will be back from the "show"and their priorities will switch.Let's face it we all know cadets2 is a farm team for the junior corps with all the under age members hoping for a shot with the big boys by "buying in 100 percent"to this program good or bad.I guarantee promises are being made as we speak. :w00t:

Edited by Sal Rosenburg

So now you telling me that corps give refunds to members that are not having-a positive experience .

I'm telling you no such thing. Man, you sure to seem to make up stuff that isn't there. I can do that too:

So now you're telling me you're off your meds?

• Like 1

First things first .The alumni crack wasn' t against you but truth in the fact that they do it for fun.Seeing that you marched sun coast puts you at about 50 or older. I haven't marched in a few years but I have still been active up until 3 years ago.I also am a cadet fan as many of my friends have marched there.Do you honestly think that paying a 1000 plus which was public knowledge is something you would pay if your staff didn't

have it together.Do you honestly think that some of those kids are wondering if they made the right choice. IMO I think kids go to these corps because of the name plus the track record of the organization.Honestly, do you think after being penalized every show that there are a few members wondering as well as us what's up?If you think there is some big surprise ending that hasn'tt been taught yet or music that is not being played I think your mistaken.Two shows ago the parked and played their exit why not park and play the "secret ending" .As much as I like them they are still struggling at the end of their show which will clean by finals.Heaven forbid they ad more .Not enough time sir.I think it is up to the staff to teach the drum major to slow the pace of the show as did the corps I marched in . :smile:

I'm not sure how a penalty for being undertime suddenly translates to speculation about the kids not enjoying themselves and second guessing if they really wanted to be in Cadets2. That just defies logic!

• Like 1

ok some perspective.....new corps or not.....1st let me say...viewing the video...its nothing short of remarkable what C2 looks like now compared to just 2 weeks ago....amazing.....if thats even close to what they can do with another month..WOW.....now with that said..it wasnt that long ago that many were comparing Bucs and how ready they come out verses Cabs, etc etc.... I get the whole thing that cadets or how anyone feels about ...its the prep for the last show not anything before , and this is true BUT I think whats happening is the right thing, I think their score is being reflected in the fact that almost Aug 1st they arent done..No credit for what may be there later, and thats how it should be....now if they waited to long will be seen in the long run. There were debates on guards walking around in June and rightfully so, let alone in almost Aug...BUT if they keep up at this rate it will be an AMAZING 1st season

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

I'm not sure how a penalty for being undertime suddenly translates to speculation about the kids not enjoying themselves and second guessing if they really wanted to be in Cadets2. That just defies logic!

A-freaking-men!

• Like 1

So now you telling me that corps give refunds to members that are not having-a positive experience ."fos" I say .I actually know the drum caption and taught him once. I know he is very competitive.I can also assume Mr Hammond knows what it takes to succeed in the DCA forum.I'll bet he cares about the penalties.....

Come prelims I am sure they will be within the time limits only because the big boys will be back from the "show"and their priorities will switch.Let's face it we all know cadets2 is a farm team for the junior corps with all the under age members hoping for a shot with the big boys by "buying in 100 percent"to this program good or bad.I guarantee promises are being made as we speak. :w00t:

and?