Booing scores/winners

header_logo_141x105.jpg MARCHING MUSIC'S MAJOR LEAGUE.

The kids that are marching corps today know exactly what they are getting into! A professional environment to succeed in life. The only difference about this Major League is that the judges and DCI get paid. The kids don't. But hey, they are being TRAINED to be pros. With that said, a little booing toward the judges (scores) and some of the show designs should be unnerving.

• Like 1

The possibility of what I am about to mention just occurred to me, but does anyone else think that it is possible that the Cadets change in course (which ultimately last year delivered the amazing and relatively traditional Angels and Demons) had anything to do with all the animosity toward them during their "progressive" years?

When I was 23 I wore a uniform that some people went WAAAAAY beyond the booing stage. They literally spent all their waking hours trying to figure out how best to kill me and all the others that had on the same uniform that I wore. So yes, while booing is a form of frustration and an example of impulsive and rude behavior, people that are all bent out of shape on the booing need to get a grip here. The recipient of the booing can be made to insulate themselves from such behaviors. It can only affect them if they allow it too. They have the choice to block it all out. Athletes in college sports... same age as these DCI competitors in many cases.... do it all the time. They learn to just laugh it off. Some use it as a motivator that allows them to even increase their levels of performance in competition.

If you are talking about a "military" uniform let me say first Thank You for your Service; and I really, really, really, mean that! Second, if you are comparing getting booed in that military uniform, where some people do want to actually and literally kill you because of the stand you take on our freedom, with booing the uniform design of the DADA Risking Absurdity Blue Devils, then you are unfortunately engaging in an apples to oranges fallacy. Third, if you did wear a military uniform, like it or not, you fought to defend the "freedom" of those idiots out there to both boo your military uniform and boo the Blue Devil uniform.

Edited by Stu
  • Like 1

You at least are attempting that; you want to stop people from booing instead of accepting that they have the freedom to boo.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Really? By expressing my opinion that booing is classless I am FORCING you to stop booing? That is the dumbest piece of logic I have ever seen anywhere.

Edited by jasgre2000

The possibility of what I am about to mention just occurred to me, but does anyone else think that it is possible that the Cadets change in course (which ultimately last year delivered the amazing and relatively traditional Angels and Demons) had anything to do with all the animosity toward them during their "progressive" years?

I believe this is the case.

header_logo_141x105.jpg MARCHING MUSIC'S MAJOR LEAGUE.

The kids that are marching corps today know exactly what they are getting into! A professional environment to succeed in life. The only difference about this Major League is that the judges and DCI get paid. The kids don't. But hey, they are being TRAINED to be pros. With that said, a little booing toward the judges (scores) and some of the show designs should be unnerving.

When those that compete are paid, you can start to call them "professionals." This is a silly argument. A marketing slogan means nothing in this context.

Really? By expressing my opinion that booing is classless I am FORCING you to stop booing? That is the dumbest piece of logic I have ever seen anywhere.

Nobody ever accused me of having class; I went to class once; at least I think I did; but I got kicked out for saying BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

• Like 1