Booing scores/winners

Ya know; people boo all the time at the Little League World Series; sniffle, sniffle; anyone got a tissue?

They don't boo the players.

When those that compete are paid, you can start to call them "professionals." This is a silly argument. A marketing slogan means nothing in this context.

never marched, huh? I'm pretty sure all of us are '' pros'' in the marching band world, and many of us use the training to become professionals in the music field

• Like 1

They don't boo the players.

I doubt those booing at competitions are either. I was at Atlanta and I heard no booing after BD performed, there was even a standing ovation from a good amount of people. It was only after score announcements that there was booing. That indicates booing the judges and, more indirectly, the design staff. But not the kids.

never marched, huh? I'm pretty sure all of us are '' pros'' in the marching band world, and many of us use the training to become professionals in the music field

Professional means being paid. It is not a description of talent.

Booing professionals is different than booing amateurs, because professionals get paid for what they do.

I doubt those booing at competitions are either. I was at Atlanta and I heard no booing after BD performed, there was even a standing ovation from a good amount of people. It was only after score announcements that there was booing. That indicates booing the judges and, more indirectly, the design staff. But not the kids.

Not to beat a dead horse, but there is no difference between booing the judges and booing the corps. By booing the judges you are inherently saying that the corps that won didn't deserve to win, which is inevitably a comment on the corps that won and its members. You can try to draw a distinction all day long, but there isn't one.

That is far different than booing the refs for a bad call that is completely unrelated to the performance of the players.

• Like 4

I guess booing at competitions is another sign of our changing society.

I guess booing at competitions is another sign of our changing society.

A changing society? So you are saying that baseball teams in the 1800 and 1900's did not get booed? Or that musical performances in the 19th century did not get booed? Really?