Muchachos disqualfication controversy

HERE HERE FELIXH.......THANK YOU........The Muchacho DQ was not a post I ever instigated. What fuels my response are the ######## that "know everything". When I read posts like "they marched someone who was age 36" or "every score sheet was confiscated and never tabulated" or "all judges and staff were instructed to be silent" is just a plain crock of dung....PARTICULARY TO THOSE OF US THAT HAS A COPY OF THE DRUM SHEETS!.....Not everyone was silent. I also read that the "Muchachos sat on the upper part of the back bleachers and threw mouthpieces, food, spit...etc etc"....is just plain ridiculous. We sat in the middle of the back bleachers and behaved like the professionals we were. The only thing that was true was someone played the "bull call".....and it WASN'T Kievit like the so called experts have said time after time.

The speculation on who won is a non issue. Madison won of course. Case closed....But we were told otherwise at the meeting afterwards. Most of us couldn't of cared less what our actual placement was......the damage was done, and we just wanted to call it a season. If you want a personal opinion, then I'll say this. 1975 IMO was not our best year...it was 1974. BUT....the corps was alot stronger in 1975. The musical show was more challenging (for it's time), still hung very close to the top in execution...drumming was impeccable, GE near the top and marching could have been the one somewhat weak area. But when you put it together, it was a very formidable show..... very powerful to say the least.

However, I thought that we shot our load at the CYO's. We were very close to peak form then, and we eargerly wanted another shot at Madison. I watched their show and thought that it was great...., and it would take another super effort to beat it. It wasn't an impossibility to overcome 1.5...afterall....look what we did to the DEVILS from the World Open to the CYO. We smoked their ###, after losing by almost 5 points. The WO was our worst performance of the season.

Finishing up here.....I believe that there was a "push" to establish the West Coast Corps in the new DCI endeavor. Afterall.....drum corps was the EAST for the longest time. There was a concentrated effort by a few West Coast directors to go after the Chacho's. That nonsence explanation by the Cavies was just that.....nonsense. YOU MIND YOUR OWN GOD #### BUSINESS AND NOT WORRY ABOUT WHAT OTHERS ARE DOING. The Cavies sucked anyway then, and the response that they just wanted all corps to play fair is bull. Don Warren and Jim Jones were close friends, so the Troopers also benefited from the DQ. It was a set up...plain and simple. DCI could have done something way before finals....but chose to wait.

Again...Who cares?. Why bring this up time and time again?....Let it go.....posting idiotic statements about that day will only fuel a still burning fire.

Edited by MikeN

HERE HERE FELIXH.......THANK YOU........The Muchacho DQ was not a post I ever instigated.  What fuels my response are the dik wads that "know everything".  When I read posts like "they marched someone who was age 36" or "every score sheet was confiscated and never tabulated" or "all judges and staff were instructed to be silent" is just a plain crock of dung....PARTICULARY TO THOSE OF US THAT HAS A COPY OF THE DRUM SHEETS!.....Not everyone was silent.  I also read that the "Muchachos sat on the upper part of the back bleachers and threw mouthpieces, food, spit...etc etc"....is just plain ridiculous.  We sat in the middle of the back bleachers and behaved like the professionals we were.  The only thing that was true was someone played the "bull call".....and it WASN'T Kievit like the so called experts have said time after time.

The speculation on who won is a non issue.  Madison won of course.  Case closed....But we were told otherwise at the meeting afterwards.  Most of us couldn't of cared less what our actual placement was......the damage was done, and we just wanted to call it a season. If you want a personal opinion, then I'll say this.  1975 IMO was not our best year...it was 1974.  BUT....the corps was alot stronger in 1975. The musical show was more challenging (for it's time), still hung very close to the top in execution...drumming was impeccable, GE near the top and marching could have been the one somewhat weak area. But when you put it together, it was a very formidable show..... very powerful to say the least.

However, I thought that we shot our load at the CYO's. We were very close to peak form then, and we eargerly wanted another shot at Madison. I watched their show and thought that it was great...., and it would take another super effort to beat it. It wasn't an impossibility to overcome 1.5...afterall....look what we did to the DEVILS from the World Open to the CYO.  We smoked their ###, after losing by almost 5 points.  The WO was our worst performance of the season.

Finishing up here.....I believe that there was a "push" to establish the West Coast Corps in the new DCI endeavor.  Afterall.....drum corps was the EAST for the longest time.  There was a concentrated effort by a few West Coast directors to go after the Chacho's.  That nonsence explanation by the Cavies was just that.....nonsense.  YOU MIND YOUR OWN GOD #### BUSINESS AND NOT WORRY ABOUT WHAT OTHERS ARE DOING.  The Cavies sucked anyway then, and the response that they just wanted all corps to play fair is bull.  Don Warren and Jim Jones were close friends, so the Troopers also benefited from the DQ.  It was a set up...plain and simple.  DCI could have done something way before finals....but chose to wait.

Again...Who cares?. Why bring this up time and time again?....Let it go.....posting idiotic statements about that day will only fuel a still burning fire.

Still waiting for proof; of anything. Drum sheets, names of overage members in other corps.........you know, ANYTHING. Oh well, your incoherent ramblings may fly on ramd, but here you are just another bag of gas.

While this is a valuable historical topic, this thread has resulted in neither substantive discussion on the issue nor *civil* discussion on the issue.

If it continues to lack in that department, the thread will be closed. This is the only warning I'm giving.

Mike

This theory that the DQ was all part of some West Coast conspiracy is so nuts its almost funny. Hate to tell you dude, but by 75 the West had already WON. Troopers, AK, SCV and the creation of the BD machine had already put the East Coast DC scene further back in the pack. I don’t want to dis the east, but the record from the late 60s and the decade of the 70s speaks for itself.

Oh to the DCP honchos, heated discussion is healthy as long as it doesn’t lower itself into name calling or threats.

Still waiting for proof; of anything. Drum sheets, names of overage members in other corps.........you know, ANYTHING. Oh well, your incoherent ramblings may fly on ramd, but here you are just another bag of gas.

I RAMD them.

This theory that the DQ was all part of some West Coast conspiracy is so nuts its almost funny. Hate to tell you dude, but by 75 the West had already WON. Troopers, AK, SCV and the creation of the BD machine had already put the East Coast DC scene further back in the pack. I don’t want to dis the east, but the record from the late 60s and the decade of the 70s speaks for itself.

Oh to the DCP honchos, heated discussion is healthy as long as it doesn’t lower itself into name calling or threats.

Dude...we are not talking about winning anything. The west was just that. A bunch of vagabond rag tag outfits that were always in the shadows of ALL

Dude...we are not talking about winning anything.  The west was just that.  A bunch of vagabond rag tag outfits that were always in the shadows of ALL

OOps.....the powerhouses of the east that made drum corps what it was. Yea...you had the great Royal Airs and a couple of good Cavie years...but for the most part, drum corps was the east....The west coast push theory has been around since the very beginning my friend....and talked about many times before. ....as far as the devil machine goes....seems to me that 1976 was the year anyone took them seriously.

I RAMD them.

It's very common knowledge that overage was practiced constantly among those corps that meant anything..... Or is it now that you don't believe the "consensus"?.....as far as my drum sheets, I will make them available to anyone with 25.00. I'll donate the money to whatever drum corps fraternity you choose. Kick up the cheese and I'll send you a copy.....By the way....I loved your hornline!