Vanguard Yell 2012

This is for everyone saying that the yell is supposed to happen "when nothing is going on"...

Don't know about you, but every piece of music that I have ever played has some sort of notification that says "HEY! Don't play here!" (A rest). So, there IS something going on. A rest. Tacit. Absence of music, yes, but NOT nothing going on. You wouldn't do the yell at a big echoing release in the ballad, would you? I mean, nothing's going on there either, right?

I don't really have a side in the argument, as I haven't yelled since, oh, 2003. However, I DO feel that the "tradition" has gotten pretty lackluster and muddled in recent years. In fact, off the top of my head I can't paint an audio picture of where the yell was last year.. (was there one?) It's funny what we argue about here though...

• Like 1

It is NOT a tradition! It is something that has become forced and trampling on the show! How rude can we be to force what we think is 'tradition' into a part of the show and hide behind saying we are fans! It's become obnoxious.

And if you think it is tradition you need to watch a little more SCV than the last 7-8 years, just sayin'

Well then.

Again, if the corps didnt want the fans to do it THEY WOULD SAY NOT TO DO IT.