Salem Slamfest

So, no one thinks it's weird that SCV got a 90.456? As far as I know that's not possible. It can either be xx.x25, xx.x50 or xx.x75 as far as I know. I think it's just a typo, but still.

Per the Cavies' Facebook page, you're right. It's 90.45(0). Still, that's great to see for them, and the Cavaliers' leap is mighty impressive, too.

So, since SCV just jumped up, could they beat Cadets at Allentown? Could this be their first Allentown win since 1999? That would be great for the kids. Giving back the noose to Cavies, and winning Allentown, both events that last happened in 99? This is going to be a very interesting week and a half :thumbup:

• Like 1

SCV had a huge jump in brass last night. Is this inconsistent judging or could they really improve by half a point in a few days? I hope they are getting that much better, but something seems fishy to me.

Vangaurd, Cavies, and Boston had huge jumps in brass scores versus Charlotte. Seems like judging inconsistency -- not that they shouldn't have jumped some, but it seems like a consistent bias, except Crown stayed about the same... It does seem like Santa Clara had a much better night than in Charlotte, though.

SCV had a huge jump in brass last night. Is this inconsistent judging or could they really improve by half a point in a few days? I hope they are getting that much better, but something seems fishy to me.

I don't think you can compare caption scores to the recent ToC shows or regionals. That said, SCV's brass scores are way way up. Here are the spreads this year between SCV and Crown on brass, along with the judge who gave them:

7-14 -1.20 Andy Cook

7-15 -1.10 Chester Phillips

7-19 -1.40 Paul McGarr

7-20 -1.10 Jeff Harper

7-21 -1.30 Steve Page

7-27 -1.40 Jeff Harper

7-28 -1.10 Albert Lo

7-29 -2.30 Nola Jones

7-31 -0.80 WL Whaley

So it looks to me like the 7/29 score (at Charlotte) was the outlier, and last night's -0.8 gap is an 0.3 improvement over their best and most common score leading up to that point.

Possibly notable is that Salem (7/31) and Round Rock (7/19) are the only shows so far in which Crown and SCV have competed without BD, Phantom, and Cadets in the mix as well.