Wireless Mics?

It was clipped right onto the side of the bell, like many of the small wireless mics you can buy for brass instruments. I'd say the actual microphone was maybe an inch or two from the opening in the bell

Thanks, haven't gone to a band show since waaaay before wireless mics were in use and guessing based on a few clips I've seen of groups on TV or Internet.

Any idea if the on/off switch is controlled by the performer or via remote. LOL visions of our ministers fumbling for the switch during service. Funny how the female Pastor doesn't have a problem but two of the males do (including the guy my age who "loves gadgets" :tongue: ).

Is the BK soloist getting some effects treatment? I admit I don't understand why he's miked, given how quiet the accompaniment is.

I couldn't hear any kind of effects, just the soloist was mic'd to make him louder

If the soloist needs a mic, maybe it shouldn't be a solo. imo.

In the case of the Crossmen's use of the wireless mic, the soloist is playing quite softly, from center field, while pointing at the end zone. It's also put through a panning echo effect. If you can do that without the mic and have it sound even decent, then you deserve a medal.

they are controlled by the individual person who is mic'ed ...

Maybe on and off.....Volume/EQ/FX would be controlled from the mix position.

Edited by lastknight