Cancelling a show?

Hi everyone - What types of weather conditions lead to show cancellations? I assume lightning. How about rain? Would rain earlier in the day (thus making the field slick) ever cancel a show? How often do shows get cancelled?

I'm wanting to head to the East Coast Classic tomorrow in Lawrence, MA but don't want to make the trek if it's ultimately cancelled. Is there a hotline I can call to check on the show's status? Many thanks for any/all responses....

Considering NightBeat (Charlotte) is my home show, I've experienced cancellations due to thunderstorms AND the field being too wet/dangerous. This year was the nicest weather we've had in some time...no threat of rain whatsoever, something not lost on Rondinaro.

Hi everyone - What types of weather conditions lead to show cancellations? I assume lightning. How about rain? Would rain earlier in the day (thus making the field slick) ever cancel a show? How often do shows get cancelled?

I'm wanting to head to the East Coast Classic tomorrow in Lawrence, MA but don't want to make the trek if it's ultimately cancelled. Is there a hotline I can call to check on the show's status? Many thanks for any/all responses....

Tomorrow's weather forecast for the area is warm and humid with a chance of thunderstorms. FWIW, several years ago at the same show and venue, there were heavy storms that moved through the area up until about an hour and a half before showtime, and the field was fine-the show went off without a hitch and it was great weather for the remainder of the evening. In the past, when field conditions are too slick to be safe, corps usually perform in standstill as long as weather permits. Try checking weather radar before leaving for the show to see if the show site looks like it might get rained on...most local TV stations have a link to local weather radar...you can try www.wmur.com which is located in Manchester, NH. They have a great radar which shows most of New England and you can zoom the image if you prefer.

in 2010 at the metamora show it rained all afternoon and then off and on towards the evening. at the show, the directors got together before it started and decided the show would go on.

in 2009 at the glassmen show ( i dont remember really anymore) we arrived at the show, got off the busses to use the restrooms and from the time we walked into the building with the restrooms, used them and were headed back to the bus it began to POUR. that show eventually went on as well

both shows had rain really close to show time, both shows went on.

Latest forecast from late news for Lawrence area is minimal chance (10-15%) of a passing shower, otherwise warm & sunny. :thumbup:

If semis/finals (can't remember which) last year had been outside somewhere in Indianapolis then I'm sure it would have been cancelled due to the very high winds.

If I remember correctly they locked the stadium doors to keep everyone safe inside about the time SCV were on the field.

I live about five minutes from the stadium in Lawrence. Beautiful morning sky. The weather predictions on my homepage say passing thundershowers in the afternoon. 6 PM has a nice sunny spot, so I'd make the trek.