Surfs New Style is a 10!

2003 show is one of my favorites...loved the bermuda shorts

Me too...I still have a pair of those shorts..

great show and again done at a very high level

That is such a great show...I also love the year they did Malaguena...

I was also in Atlanta. And San Antonio, and West Chester..... the Surf 2012 show is BY FAR the most entertaining of the tour this year!

I was headed to my pricey seats last night when I saw several HS bands moving to the "cheap seats" to watch the show. I decided to sit with them for the Surf show just to get a feel for what they thought. I heard throughout the summer that the Surf was THE REASON why kids are being draw into drum corps. They are KIDS, and they want to get their money's worth. So I sat with them during the Surf performance.

I heard exactly what i expected----- these kids went bananas (no pun intended!) over the Surf show!!! I asked the same kids coming out of the stadium who their favorite corps was for the night and every single one said that the Surf was the BEST. they said that they liked the Crown and Vanguard, but Surf was far and away their favorite and they were going to buy some Surf stuff.

They also asked if the Surf would be playing at Big Loud and Live, and when I said no, because they weren't ranked high enough, they said that they weren't "wasting their money" if all they would see was the boring stuff.

Surf, you really got everyone's attention. Too bad you won't have a large platform to perform on....it wouldn't hurt DCI one bit to put you guys on the big screen------ you'd get HUNDREDS of kids interested in joing drum corps if they say this show!!!!!!! I love you guys!

You do know that their show was a tribute to The Bridgemen, don't you?

Don't really know if it's a change in style so much as it was just doing what the Bridgemen used to do.

I was in attendence with great seats in Atlanta and their show was by far my favorite of the night, but I'm an old school guy and really enjoyed seeing at least one show that got me up and off my feet. When I got up and started yelling "Bridgemen Shuffle" during that portion of the show, nobody around me seemed even remotely aware of why I was so excited.

All the other Corps were just the standard generic "Marching Musical Theater" that all blended into each other. You know, the S.O.S., Corps after Corps, that just bored and frustrated me to death.

Thank You Jersey Surf!

• Like 3

YOU NNEED to See the Surf Show this year! You will laugh, dance in your seat, and clap until it hurts.....this is far and away the MOST ENTERTAINING SHOW OF THE SEASON! You should let DCI know that the Surf needs to be on Big, Loud, and Live!!!!!

great show and again done at a very high level

• Like 3

What is the best way to let DCI know we need Surf in Big Live & Loud?

YOU NNEED to See the Surf Show this year! You will laugh, dance in your seat, and clap until it hurts.....this is far and away the MOST ENTERTAINING SHOW OF THE SEASON! You should let DCI know that the Surf needs to be on Big, Loud, and Live!!!!!

• Like 1

Is anyone from DCI listening?

If you are, you will get MANy more butts in the theater seats next Thursday if you include the Surf.

They have a huge following in NJ, PA and DE--------- that is a HUGE demographic you need for Big, Loud and Live.

Please consider it!!!!!!!!!

What is the best way to let DCI know we need Surf in Big Live & Loud?

• Like 3