Carolina Crown sighting in Canada?

Marcus could identify this and probably tell you what years it was used and who dropped it off there :)

Sweet, I remember the Canada leg of tour and that looks like one of the buses I lived in for a few summers. The locks are still on the luggage compartments, wonder what's in there?

Wonder what year it is, it would look really nice in the bus collection at the Antique Automobile Club Of America Museum. Or better yet sitting by the road at the turn off to the museum. Long as it's 1987 or earlier.....

AACA Museum

Looks like the site isn't working or I'm locked out right now.....

s/ Guy who was a member before he discovered Drum Corps....

Holy crap I rode that thing. We used three of them in '94 and part of '95. Three of them started tour in '95 and by the 2nd or 3rd week we were down to one and two charter buses. This doesn't look like the one that stayed alive during that tour. At least one of them was repaired in time for the ride home from finals. When I saw one of them roll into the stadium lot on semifinals night I cried out NOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo. Then I felt stupid because everybody around me was staring at me and I was wearing my tour jacket. That might have been finals night. It's been a while. In 1996 we leased buses from somewhere else, I'm not sure where. I'm pretty sure these things was never used on tour again after 1995.

Edited by Dash Fieldpaint
  • Like 3

Holy crap I rode that thing.

I was hoping someone who rode in it or with it would see this. :thumbup:

I can post more pics if you like. It actually looks like a staff bus - there were racks that look like bunks in the back and in front of that only 8 seats, the forward ones turned to face the rear ones over tables, I think. The other seats were all taken out so it looks like storage.

It's in the yard of a welding shop. The story I've heard (from Rick Petheric who commented when I posted these pics on Facebook) is that it has sat there for around 10 years. The owner bought it from the corps when it was dead on the side of the road for almost nothing.

Couldn't believe this. Kelly and I were out for a day trip and look what we found just outside the town of Goderich, Ontario!

427450_10151990974355344_332279503_n.jpg

424280_10151990963170344_804962222_n.jpg

A quick psychedelic paint job, and this could become a liveable traveling community Hippie Bus.... all for the Common Good ! Besides, Cheech and Chong could use the gig as alternating bus drivers and might just be available.

Edited by BRASSO

A quick psychedelic paint job, and this could become a liveable traveling community Hippie Bus.... all for the Common Good ! Besides, Cheech and Chong could use the gig as alternating bus drivers and might just be available.

Oh - Cheech and Chong. OK. For a minute there I thought you were going to go with the Partridge Family.....

Edited by Grandpa