Free Prelims stream

While I get where you're coming from, scores are supposed to come from performance in relation to the criteria outlined on the sheets. Pioneer's performance/scores was a known and consistent factor. They've been scored on World Class sheets all season and should have continued an upward trend in scoring just off of pure practice and repetition. Introducting Open Class corps to the mix shouldn't have changed what Pioneer was scoring over the past two weeks.

Just sucks to look at the kids and say... oh yeah, you busted your buns the past two weeks... Better Every Day... but your score went down.

Sure does stink, but what's done is done... can't change it now :(

Am I the only one whos stream suddenly stopped at the beginning of Surf's performance?

Had been running since the beginning of the show, but it waited until Surf started to get interrupted...

Took until halfway through to get it going again!

The conspiracy nut in me says DCI did that on purpose to get more people to buy the pay-for stuff......

oh yeah, and cattle mutilations are up, as well.....

Bummer.....

Mine too.....

Just sucks to look at the kids and say... oh yeah, you busted your buns the past two weeks... Better Every Day... but your score went down.

Well, I've seen scores jump more than a heart monitor when I was marching. One day we'd have a great show and continue our upward trend then hit a show the next day and drop 3 points to only pick up 4 at the following show...tis the life of lower placing corps.

While I get where you're coming from, scores are supposed to come from performance in relation to the criteria outlined on the sheets. Pioneer's performance/scores was a known and consistent factor. They've been scored on World Class sheets all season and should have continued an upward trend in scoring just off of pure practice and repetition. Introducting Open Class corps to the mix shouldn't have changed what Pioneer was scoring over the past two weeks.

read the last line on each sheet it says

how do each of these factors, collectively and individually, compare to each and all the other units in the competition.

So they are directed to rate each corps against the others when putting their score.

So Pioneer was either 1. over scored previously since they were usually the first corps on (probably not the case) or 2. the open corps were underscored and Pioneer didn't beat them so had to be placed under the scores already given to those other corps.

There is precedent for that--not by phone-tree popular demand--but DCI has invited select corps to perform in exhibition Saturday. So there's a chance.

Hopefully they do it. An insanely likable tribute show on the 40th anniversary of DCI? It makes sense.

• Like 1

Hopefully they do it. An insanely likable tribute show on the 40th anniversary of DCI? It makes sense.

YES.

The energy here in Lucas Oil Stadium is so high after that performance. Having them around on Saturday would be a great experience for the kids and fans.

• Like 1

I whole-heartedly agree. Scoring should be an indicator of your progress plain and simple.