Big loud and live

Indianapolis is in a Severe Thunderstorm Warning right now and from what the radar says, downtown is getting nailed pretty hard. I bet they lost power

Darn DCI, darn them to heck I say, with their infernal short sighted policy of holding a drum corps championship in a domed stadium! What were they thinking when they signed that contract with Lucas Oil Stadium?

If only DCI had the wisdom to consult the experts on the Drum Corps Planet discussion board, having a championship in the rain would never have happened. :rolleyes:

• Like 9

Cool theater dude here in Hanford, CA is passing out movie passes! Yay!

WHAT!" In the 3 years we were stationed at NAS Lemoore they never had it in Hanford. I had to drive to Fresno for it! That's cool though.

Darn DCI, darn them to heck I say, with their infernal short sighted policy of holding a drum corps championship in a domed stadium! What were they thinking when they signed that contract with Lucas Oil Stadium?

If only DCI had the wisdom to consult the experts on the Drum Corps Planet discussion board, having a championship in the rain would never have happened. :rolleyes:

Well... if they had it in a region of the United States where there are almost NEVER any storms during this time of year, they'd pick the West Coast---but of course, they pick the lovely midwest. Not a single direct nonstop flight to Indy from the SF Bay Area.

• Like 2

It's bone dry down here in Bloomington! :thumbup: If the roof gets blown off they're welcome to have semis and finals here again . . . the storms always seem to miss us and hit Indy.

Wow, they just showed the replay from 2010 where the Crown member broke his leg. Remember seeing that live. Glad he's back with Crown as a conductor but man, I didn't need to see that again.

*edited for the correct year*

Edited by SDBassCreature

Wow, they just showed the replay from 2009 where the Crown member broke his leg. Remember seeing that live. Glad he's back with Crown as a conductor but man, I didn't need to see that again.

That was 2010....and that's pretty rare footage since they edited it out of the DCI Finals DVDs

Dci just said they will replay Bluecoats and vanguard at the end of the broadcast. Spread the word!

• Like 2

Dci just said they will replay Bluecoats and vanguard at the end of the broadcast. Spread the word!

That's the thing. It's an live event, why not the announcers just say it after Crown or BD's show? Way more easier you know :thumbup: