Cadets2 and Scranton

when you don't hear the train coming....

objects in mirror are closer than they appear.....

when you put 6 pounds of stuff in a 5 pound bucket and have two weeks to clean it....

shhhhh....

:)

Certainly with a bit of work C2 would seem like a top 5 just based on the strength of the program, however if their field staff was unable to have the program completed and reasonably cleaned by the middle of July, I wouldn't be expecting great things over the last 3 weeks. That being said, we should expect a very fine effort from a first year corps.

• Like 2

Certainly with a bit of work C2 would seem like a top 5 just based on the strength of the program, however if their field staff was unable to have the program completed and reasonably cleaned by the middle of July, I wouldn't be expecting great things over the last 3 weeks. That being said, we should expect a very fine effort from a first year corps.

YES!! THIS!! Thank you.

I am in no way writing off this corps. I think they have done remarkably well for a 1st year corps and I expect they will be a force come 2013 and on. That being said, I agree 100% with this and have said this in other threads. This "championship caliber" staff had since November to prepare and have been well behind the eight ball as of July. I scratch my head every time someone writes about them getting better real fast. It's the same staff.

I do expect them to jump once DCI Championships are over and the designers dig into C2 for the last few weeks but I can't see them jumping that much.

Edited by androidx2
  • Like 1

I scratch my head every time someone writes about them getting better real fast. It's the same staff.

Well, they worked two freaking miracles already, one between late June and Jackson, NJ in early July, and an even bigger one between Jackson and Downingtown. So, why not go for the trifecta?

• Like 3

If any of you don't think, as young as C2 is, and as experienced their staff is, that they are NOT going to "move in" the last week of the season, to fill the blanks, and cleaan the crap out of their program before DCA Championships, then you are all failing to see the bigger picture here!!

• Like 4

If any of you don't think, as young as C2 is, and as experienced their staff is, that they are NOT going to "move in" the last week of the season, to fill the blanks, and cleaan the crap out of their program before DCA Championships, then you are all failing to see the bigger picture here!!

good point Frank,......in essence,...........Scouts will be doing the same thing,.........

Certainly based on the strength of their program, it may indeed be possible for C2 to REALLY surprise, but with Bucs program being what it is I wouldn't expect them (C2) to surprise THAT much.

I liked Cadets 2 a lot in Hornell NY last week. You may find my review in Drum Corps World a bit enlightening...

I tend to agree with those who feel the corps will make great improvement in the last few weeks...

• Like 1